[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pakistani fiction writer - any hope for finding an agent? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Pakistani fiction writer - any hope for finding an agent?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Subtlygold
Private E-1

Pakistani fiction writer - any hope for finding an agent?

Postby Subtlygold » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:03 am

So I'm a Pakistani English fiction writer, and in my country nobody really acknowledges English fiction. Urdu being our first language is read and published here. So after a long hunt for possible publications in my country, I found none that published English novels. There was one publishers that did publish English novels but only traditional subcontinental related ones. But I write Sci-fi and Young adult that does not relate in any way to the traditions of the subcontinent.
So now I decided to search for an agent that can connect me to a publishing house in UK and USA, but I'm not sure if agents accept clients outside their countries. Because obviously I won't ever be able to meet the agent in real life.
So is there any chance for me to become published and find an agent abroad?
Your visit will be appreciated ...

pls
Site Admin

Re: Pakistani fiction writer - any hope for finding an agent

Postby pls » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:22 am

of course it's possible, as it's often been done...

but, as paul notes, your writing must be professional level, your english fluent and idiomatic... it all depends on writing an effective query letter and getting it to agents who are open to taking on new clients in your book's genre...

i have agent listings for the US and other parts of the english-speaking world that i'm always happy to pass on... so just send me an email if you'd like to have them...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Subtlygold
Private E-1

Postby Subtlygold » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:38 am

Thank you. It's a relief to hear that. I'll remember to ask you for the agent finding process once my manuscript is complete :)

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:41 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Subtlygold
Private E-1

Postby Subtlygold » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:54 am

Yes, i have been searching for agents on query tracker. But there are so many agents there, it's hard to filter them out.

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:20 pm

As Paul said, feel free to post your query in the query forum.

I'd be glad to tear it apart (in a good way). :mrgreen:
Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

Subtlygold
Private E-1

Postby Subtlygold » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:10 am

Okay thanks guys. But first I think, I should focus on editing and completing my manuscript before I really begin the search.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:32 am

Return to FAQs