[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Find freelance editor : FAQs • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Find freelance editor

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Find freelance editor

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:22 pm

chuck wise
Private E-1

Postby chuck wise » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:08 pm

I want to thank everyone who replied to my email. Your answers have given me a lot of things to think about. I feel hiring a freelance editor will not only improve my manuscript and will enable me to learn more about the writing process.

Thanks again,

Chuck

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:15 am

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm

but writers don't come out of the shell, ready to do all of those things. Learning from the example of others can help.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 am

Not that I'm condoning the use of an editor, but I know of at least four authors that hired editors for their first novel. They both landed agents and the novels sold. I wish I could say who, but I don't know if it's public knowledge.

I don't have anything against using an editor, but as many have said, you have to be very careful who you hire. You also have to be ready to shell out a decent amount of money. As Maia will tell you, you get what you pay for and there are no guarantees.

One thing that should be mentioned here is that there are different types of editors. Developmental editors I think would be the most expenses as they are tearing apart the novel as compared to an editor that is nothing more than a proof reader.

The biggest thing I would be concerned about if I were to hire an editor is communication. As Maia points out she mentors and is an editor so there's a lot of communication. If I'm shelling out a lot of money, that person better be able to communicate and be available for follow up questions.

Previous

Return to FAQs