[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
HELP! writing contest question!!!!!!! : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

HELP! writing contest question!!!!!!!

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Lauren2661
Private E-1

HELP! writing contest question!!!!!!!

Postby Lauren2661 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 pm

I just realized I submitted my contest entry single-spaced!!! HELP!!! Do I resubmit the same piece double spaced?

pls
Site Admin

Re: HELP! writing contest question!!!!!!!

Postby pls » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Lauren2661
Private E-1

Postby Lauren2661 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:44 am

well I was hurrying to get it submitted before the deadline only to see now it's been extended. Yes I have ADD and forgot in my hurry to double space it. Yes I was asking what to do? Would it get read regardless? Or thrown right in the slush pile? I think it's a valid question! And of course I was upset with myself. I couldn't take it back.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:11 am

Well, again - what do the rules state? Most contests I've looked at mention re-submissions. If it doesn't say anything, there should at least be a contact person. They're the only ones who can tell you what to do in this case.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:09 pm

no one here can have the answer to your questions... you need to call or email the contest-holders...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Lauren2661
Private E-1

Postby Lauren2661 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 am

Thank you, I appreciate your responses....I did try to call and it was after-hours. Had I known the contest was going to be extended I'd have just waited till the next day and called. I did just re=submit it (paying the entry fee again) with it properly double-spaced.

Thanks everyone...lesson to self....don't procrastinate LOL and READ the guidelines fully!!! :P

Return to FAQs