[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Length of Chapters? : FAQs • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Length of Chapters?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
MookyMcD
Captain

Re: Length of Chapters?

Postby MookyMcD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 pm

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 pm

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:24 pm

I was wondering what you do if you are writing MG and have a nonstop action episode that you know is going to be long (10K words or something)? It's easy to put a new chapter when you start a new scene, but some scenes are inherently long.

I don't worry about it in adult novels, though for me the sweet spot is between 8 and 25 printed pages.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue May 06, 2014 8:27 am

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Tue May 06, 2014 10:26 am

That's when my girls got into them -- all four started them in second grade. Three of the four got to book four or five and lost interest for a while, until their maturity caught up some with the characters, then it was back on through seven. I spend a lot of time with kids that age in the library, so I know my girls aren't typical, but I also know that about one out of 6 or 7 kids that age goes through basically the same thing. At least in my random, but not scientific sampling of kids who live in my zip code.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue May 06, 2014 1:31 pm

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue May 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Previous

Return to FAQs