[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Light Switch Press : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Light Switch Press

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
hazel3603
Private E-1

Light Switch Press

Postby hazel3603 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:31 am

Hi everyone. I have a query. On registering with Light Switch Press, I noticed it stated any manuscripts with obscene content will not be published. My manuscript has words like bastard, c..t, whore, pinky etc, but no more than this as these were names my parents called me. Do you think this would be deemed as obscene. It is a biography about my upbringing. Many thanks in advance....Happy writing everyone..x

pls
Site Admin

Re: Light Switch Press

Postby pls » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:46 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:46 pm

won't help to ask us... you need to ask them...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:14 pm

hazel3603
Private E-1

Postby hazel3603 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:29 am

Hello again and thanks for your replies. Yes, I see what you mean about taking the word too literally now!!!! Makes alot more sense now I have looked into it on a few websites...Thank you once again..... :D

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 pm

You should look closely at this publisher before you make a decision. They are a self-publishing middleman who provide some services to the writer (generally at added cost). A quick look at their royalties indicates that if you sell an ebook at Amazon for $2.99, you'll get 30%, they'll get 40%, and Amazon gets the rest. Make sure the services are worth it for you.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:38 pm

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm going to toss this out (maybe it should go elsewhere) but there is a way of more easily comparing services:

Writers & Artists is part of Bloomsbury which is a well-regarded publisher. But I would definitely look at comparisons to self-publishing service companies other than the vanity publishers listed on LS's site. (Unless LS considers itself a vanity publisher, in which case you should run, very very fast, in the other direction.)
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:53 am

Next

Return to FAQs