[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Can a story be posted if it was submitted to a contest? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Can a story be posted if it was submitted to a contest?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Albertalyn
Private E-1

Can a story be posted if it was submitted to a contest?

Postby Albertalyn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 am

I have submitted a few stories to Writer's Digest in 2012 for contests. Nothing came of them so they are not a published pieces. Can I post them for criticism on this forum? I would like to get feedback and see if I just need to grow more and become a seasoned writer, or if maybe it's the story/tone/grammar/etc. Thank you!

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Re: Can a story be posted if it was submitted to a contest?

Postby Elibet1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 am

Hi,
I don't think there'd be a problem if the contests are over.

All the best,
Elizabeth

AibreanShowers
Corporal

Postby AibreanShowers » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 am

Alberta, it states in the WD contest guidelines that if you were not notified as a winner you are free to market your work elsewhere :)

Albertalyn
Private E-1

Postby Albertalyn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 am

Perfect! I will be posting a couple today then so I can get a feel for what I need to improve on. Thank you!

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Albertalyn
Private E-1

Postby Albertalyn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Thank you pls!I will post!
Actually, I have seen your critiques for others posted and I hope you will take time to read some of my work. It is exactly what I am looking for to better improve my writing. The benefits of the forum is to learn! I am excited to receive the good and the bad from everyone here.

Return to FAQs