[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Has Anyone Ever Purchased Manuscript Paper For Their Books? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Has Anyone Ever Purchased Manuscript Paper For Their Books?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
aspiringwriter21
Private E-2

Has Anyone Ever Purchased Manuscript Paper For Their Books?

Postby aspiringwriter21 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:57 pm

I am just asking this question to get some insight. I have tried to find manuscript paper for a writing course I am taking, and it calls for manuscript paper that is 8/1/2 by 11, because that is what most if not all manuscripts are printed on. If I am wrong I definitely stand corrected because I know nothing about this type of paper. I know that there is manuscript paper for music, but I have not found the manuscript paper that books are printed on, so if someone can give me some insight into this, I would really appreciate it. And if anyone has bought this type of paper, where were you able to find it?

pls
Site Admin

Re: Has Anyone Ever Purchased Manuscript Paper For Their Boo

Postby pls » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:10 pm

I think "manuscript paper" is just another name for standard USA typing paper (as opposed to legal-sized paper, which is 8.5x14, or the European size which I think is designated E4). "Manuscript form" of course refers to the arrangement of your content: one side of the paper, one-inch margins, black or blue ink (in the case of handwritten papers on lined paper), etc. Surely your instructor isn't calling for lined paper on 8.5x11 inch paper, as opposed to "notebook" paper?

The more I get into this, the more I think you need to go directly to the instructor for clarification!
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 pm

In the U.S. 8.5 x 11 is what standard printer paper is. It's actually letter size. WalMart and everywhere else is full of it. 20lb is also standard, and is really pretty flimsy. I use 24lb for all my manuscripts, and 28lb off white or cream for all queries, and I buy a brightness of at least 94 for the manuscript paper. Brightness matters. You pay two or three dollars more for a ream of paper with high brightness, but it's worth it.

If, however, you are in England, standard paper is A4, which is a touch narrower and a bit longer than our standard letter size.

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 pm

iirc, back in the day, there was something called manuscript paper that (I believe) had a continuous light blue line to signify left margin and blue hashes to signify the corners of the printable page. But, I haven't seen it for 20+ years, and never knew anyone that used it. And my memory might be totally wrong, because I can't find anything about it on google.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:34 am

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:38 pm

same here...

aspiringwriter...
all you need is standard 'printer paper'... and for now, the cheapest kind is ok, if you're on a tight budget...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 am

pls