[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Problem logging in : FAQs • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Problem logging in

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
PianoAl
Sergeant First Class

Re: Problem logging in

Postby PianoAl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:08 pm

I think that despite the error message, I was, in fact, logged in. I'm a-scared of logging out in case I can't log in again. :) I seemed to have a similar problem on my tablet: got a "wrong password" error but was logged in anyway.
Feel free to correct my spelling, punctuation, or grammar.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:18 pm

For the record, when you're trying to log in, you're in the WordPress section of the WD site. Not until you click on "Community" and pull the tab down to "Forum" do you switch over to the phpBB section.

Today, for the second time, I had to log in because WordPress failed to recognize my cookies. I'm used to it, but I can imagine how frustrating and off-putting this repeated annoyance must be to first-timers who may give up rather than try to figure out how to get on.

Also for the record, I've run into the same problem with another WordPress site and actually did give up trying to access the site myself. I had to post submissions via another route.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:31 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:01 am

I had to log in this morning. *gnashing of teeth, pulling of hair - well, maybe not that, as I haven't been able to grab a handful of my hair for years*

BUT - clicking on "Log In" took me directly to the log-in page (instead of my profile page, where I had to click on "log out" before), and entering my username and password took me directly to the forums.

Many thanks to the WD tech who streamlined this procedure for us!

tom9
Private E-2

Postby tom9 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15 am

Until last week, I had no tech problems with this forum; now I have all the problems mentioned in this thread.

I've tried two different PCs, with two different browsers--Firefox and IE--but experience the same problems.

I've tried the fixes mentioned--new passwd, clearing cache/cookies, logging in via critique subforum, even messing w/scripting--nothing seems to work. The problem occurs when I try to read the critique forum; anyplace else is OK.

So apparently there's no avoiding this counter-intuitive conclusion:

Writer's Digest, one of the most prominent writer's magazines, publisher of many excellent craft-related books, thinks so little of their own writer's forum, and their forum participants, that they allow this poop unicorns and rainbows to continue?

OK...I'm drawing the appropriate inferences...
Last edited by tom9 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 am

Tom9 - consider reining in your use of Anglo-Saxon expletives. This is a family-friendly forum.

No need for angst. Just follow these rules for logging back in (copy and keep for the next time you can't seem to log in):

Access your profile page. One way is to click on "log in" in the forum pages - upper right corner.

From your profile page, sign out (also upper right corner). This should bring up the log-in page.

Input your forum name and password. Click on the "remember me" box. Click on "log in" UNDER where you input your password.

Move your pointer over "Community", in the dark blue band. Pull down to "Forum" and click on it. At that point you should be in.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:00 pm

In Tom's defense, you really need to change the statement that we should keep our language "PG-13." That's functionally the same as saying S is okay, and H, and D -- even a few GDs and the extremely sparing F-bomb.

I have no problem with the fact that you want G rated language. Knowing that, I keep to the spirit of what you want, instead of what you actually say. But it would probably help avoid the problem if what you want and what you say you want were the same thing.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs