[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Problem logging in : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Problem logging in

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
MookyMcD
Captain

Problem logging in

Postby MookyMcD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 pm

So I cleaned out my cookies and stuff at work, logged into WD and the main site shows me as logged in, but this board doesn't. If I come here and click on login or reply or anything, it sends me to my profile page. I know I had this problem before, but can't for the life of me remember how I solved it. Any ideas?

Laycrew
Major

Re: Problem logging in

Postby Laycrew » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Sometimes I try clicking on the YA or Sci-fi forum when I've been automatically logged out. It will make me log-in and usually brings up the easy log-in page and I'm in again.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:22 pm

This problem keeps rearing its ugly head. Here's what pls advised Elibet to do on December 23rd last year when she couldn't log in:

"No - what you're describing is what I go through 2-3 times per week. Once you log out of the forum and are brought to the log-in page, you have to input your user name and password, click on "remember me", and then mouse to the "Community" tab and down to "Forum" to get back to the forums. I've asked several times for something better to be set up to connect these phpBB forums to WordPress, which powers the rest of the WD site, but so far no one seems to have a solution."

I would have quoted his post properly but it was in Writers Block.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks. I think I tried doing that, but I'll step-by-step it at work tomorrow.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:25 pm

The same thing happened to me a year ago. The only way I could resolve it was by changing my password.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:07 am

That's when deleting all cookies and clearing the browser cache solves the problem for me. After I do this, I can log in just fine.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm

The above solution worked -- but it was deleting all the cookies and clearing out the cache that caused the problem in the first place. Who knows, I'm still trying to wrap my head around Julia Roberts picture showing up on my computer because of a bunch of zeros and ones.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Of course I have no idea if those having problems followed the exact sequence of actions as I listed - in fact, it's not uncommon for humans to do the same thing wrong more than once and expect different results :mrgreen: , but Dorothy's copy-and-paste reflects how I get back in. Had to use it just a few minutes ago, as a matter of fact.

Changing the password seems to work in some cases, and some have reported cleaning their browser cache and WD cookies (which contain the user name and password) and re-signing back in successfully.

At any rate, it shouldn't be this difficult. But it is. And that's the way it's going to be as long as WD has to use WordPress and phpBB in conjunction with each other to maintain the WD site and the WD forum.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm

I've never had that much trouble getting in. But when I have trouble with the regular log-in, like I said before, I just click on one of the critque forums and it makes me do the simple log-in and it works every time on my iPod and my laptop that has Windows 7 and using Internet Explorer. If that tells you anything, I'm not techie at all. I also use System Mechanic and disk cleanup regularly. If that counts as cleaning out my cache and my cookies, otherwise I haven't manually done that.

Now lost posts- that's another thing. I hate it when I forget to copy my posts before I click submit.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Next

Return to FAQs