[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Weird Login Issue? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Weird Login Issue?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
-May-
Private E-1

Weird Login Issue?

Postby -May- » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:33 pm

I don't know if this is the most appropriate area for this post so let me know if I should move it elsewhere.

I'm having the strangest login issue, where quite frequently if I hit "reply" to a thread - or attempt to make a new one - it directs me to my profile page. This might make sense if I was logged out, but it does this even logged in. Then I will navigate back to the forum, find the tread, hit reply and be directed back to my profile page. Sometimes it works if I log out, clear my cache, come back, and instead of logging in - I find the thread, hit reply and then log in at the prompt. Most of the time I just get tired of the loop and can't be bothered so come back later.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

pls
Site Admin

Re: Weird Login Issue?

Postby pls » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:42 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi, May

I had exactly the same problem, and it was really frustrating. Finally I tried changing my password, and that worked. So give it a try. I hadn't changed it since 2008, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Good luck!

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

cynfranks
Sergeant

Postby cynfranks » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm having a similar login issue. I read the forum from both my computer and my iPad. Yesterday I stated to have a weird issue on my iPad. It used to recognize me, but now it doesn't which wouldn't be a problem. When I hit the login button, it takes me to my update profile page. I can't login because it doesn't allow me to. Weird. I've tried clearing the history and everything and still can't log in.
Ask yourself, "What would Dickens do?"

cynfranks
Sergeant

Postby cynfranks » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm having a similar login issue. I read the forum from both my computer and my iPad. Yesterday I stated to have a weird issue on my iPad. It used to recognize me, but now it doesn't which wouldn't be a problem. When I hit the login button, it takes me to my update profile page. I can't login because it doesn't allow me to. Weird. I've tried clearing the history and everything and still can't log in.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:07 pm

cynfranks
Sergeant

Postby cynfranks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 am

cynfranks
Sergeant

Postby cynfranks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:54 am

Nothing I read worked. I had to go to a different browser in order to login. I'm guessing the issue has something to do with Safari? When I was able to login from the computer, I couldn't login from my ipad. When I was able to login from my iPad, I couldn't log in from the computer. Then I couldn't log in from either. I'm going to try logging in and out each time and see if that fixes it. It sucks I can't use my iPad, though.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 am

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 am

As a matter of fact, I had to log out and back in right after I posted the reply to Cynthia. I'm not immune to the issue, and I do use Safari. Might be a connection, but I have no way of knowing.

Next

Return to FAQs