[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
bookbaby sweepstakes question : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

bookbaby sweepstakes question

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
max2011
Captain

bookbaby sweepstakes question

Postby max2011 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

I recently received an invitation from bookbaby to enter their sweepstakes for a chance to win a publishing package. This is the first time I receive something like this and wanted some input as to how I should proceed.

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: bookbaby sweepstakes question

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:00 am

After just a quick look at their website - where they charge "as little as $99" to do what you can do yourself for free - I'd steer clear of them altogether. JMO
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 am

Thank you for the feedback. I wasn't sure myself. Thank you.

MsJacquiiC
Sergeant First Class

Postby MsJacquiiC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 am

Looks like a vanity publisher. They send out sweepstakes emails hoping a good percentage of those who have clicked the link will sign up and become paying customers. Yeah. I'd steer clear as well!

J.
▌█▐ Come share your poetry & writing at JPiC Forum.
▌█▐

▌█▐ What We Do: Graphics - Websites - Forums - And More.
▌█▐

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:22 am

ditto both replies above!

it's just a vanity publisher's come-on...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 am

Thank you. I shredded the letter.

Return to FAQs