[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
RE: Publishing in a Foreign Country : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

RE: Publishing in a Foreign Country

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
clearcloud
Private E-1

RE: Publishing in a Foreign Country

Postby clearcloud » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:29 pm

To the Moderator,
I have written a manuscript, but I currently reside in a country that does not have much of a market for writers since English is not its official language, and the average citizen here doesn't exactly devour books at every opportunity. I would like to get myself published in either the U.S or the U.K, but I don't know where I should begin since I live outside those countries.
1.Will literary agents accept query letters from other countries?
2.Are there any legal risks associated with sending a manuscript to them (e.g, I send them my manuscript, someone else picks it up and publishes it) ?
3.Am I more likely to face rejection because I currently reside in a country where English is not the official language? Will my query letter be considered less seriously because of that?
4.Earlier on, I read on this website that a platform for authors is very important. What would be the editors' response, then, if I were to use a pen name while writing? Can I use different pen names for different genres (If I ever manage to publish more than one book, let alone just getting them to look at my manuscript)? I ask this seemingly unrelated question because I have an Eastern surname. I think that I would be taken more seriously by the general public if I used a Western pen name.

That's all for now, and thanks for reading.

pls
Site Admin

Re: RE: Publishing in a Foreign Country

Postby pls » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

no sticks are called for, paul...

cc...
that's all valid info and good advice... i'd say the same...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

clearcloud
Private E-1

Postby clearcloud » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah, thanks for the great advice. I can only hope now that the post doesn't fail me...

Phil Dean
Private E-1

Postby Phil Dean » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Oh, this is the same thing that I've been wondering about. Thank you so much for the information.

Return to FAQs