[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Guidelines/Rules regarding Colorful Language : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Guidelines/Rules regarding Colorful Language

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Gloriana
Private E-1

Guidelines/Rules regarding Colorful Language

Postby Gloriana » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Apologies if this is a question that has been done to death, but I can't find it in the main FAQs and now I can't find the user guidelines (Where are they?).

I pretty much follow the standard "Profanity is alright as long as you use discretion" rules in conversational thread posts themselves, I'm mainly curious about guidelines in terms of submitting work for critique.

Warning in the thread subject line? Censor stars in the text? No rules at all?

I just wanted to be clear about it as quite a few of my characters have colorful vocabularies, I want to be respectful of the house rules on this if I decide to post anything. Thanks loads! :D
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

pls
Site Admin

Re: Guidelines/Rules regarding Colorful Language

Postby pls » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:41 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Postby louiseh87 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

Gloriana
Private E-1

Postby Gloriana » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Ah! I see the guideline threads in the different sections now. Totally dropped the ball on that one.

I'll have a look at the different guideline sections, I'll use discretion and provide warnings if the need be. Thanks ever so much for the response :)
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Return to FAQs