[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
19th annual self-pub book awards : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

19th annual self-pub book awards

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
barbarablanks@aol.com
Private E-1

19th annual self-pub book awards

Postby barbarablanks@aol.com » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Why won't the link for the story load? The recent issue of WD gives www.writersdigest/april-12 address for the expanded story, and no matter how long I wait, or what browser I use, the story won't open, the comments won't open, the link to the author won't open. What's the deal?

And where can I see a list of all the entries in that contest?
Barb

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: 19th annual self-pub book awards

Postby shadowwalker » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm

It's apparently just a bad link - I just get one of those generic ISP generated pages (with a list of similar links).
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

barbarablanks@aol.com
Private E-1

Postby barbarablanks@aol.com » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

So is there a good link?
It's really frustrating sometimes to get any contest results from WD.
Barb

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Here's the link (I Googled it), but there's not much there: http://confessionsanthology.com/2012/01 ... ok-awards/
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:56 pm

barbarablanks@aol.com
Private E-1

Postby barbarablanks@aol.com » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 pm

I still don't have an answer and still can't access the link WD published in the magazine for the 19th self-pub. book awards. Nor can I find a list of place winners, or those who entered, or links provided by entrants or NOTHING.

I love WD but I hate their website. And the failure of their staff to respond to questions.
barb

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm

The complete list of winners, links, etc., was published in the March/Aprll WD, p. 39+. I can find only the 20th annual competition announcement on the WD site, but Googling "writers digest 19th annual self published book awards" produced about 43,600 hits that you're welcome to check out.

barbarablanks@aol.com
Private E-1

Postby barbarablanks@aol.com » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 pm

I know. I've done that. Most of the links out there are not official WD sites. The Link WD gave in the magazine isn't any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It doesn't work.

WD said they would list all the entrants, winning or not, that they would post the links to each book if given.

If it's on their site, I can't find it. No one on the staff of WD will respond.
The Link WD gave in the magazine isn't any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It doesn't work.

The Link WD gave in the magazine isn't any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It doesn't work.

The Link WD gave in the magazine is NOT any good. It doesn't work. It isn't any good. It does NOT work. It is NOT any good. It doesn't work.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I hope you feel better now, Barbara. As I said, all the info you asked for is in the magazine. I can't help you with a broken link. I just volunteer my time here.

barbarablanks@aol.com
Private E-1

Postby barbarablanks@aol.com » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't mean to be difficult.. but no, it's not.
The winners are listed.
The non-winners and their entries are supposed to be listed on the website. They're not. And the link in the article doesn't work.

Return to FAQs