[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
ANOTHER WORM INFESTATION??? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

ANOTHER WORM INFESTATION???

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

ANOTHER WORM INFESTATION???

Postby LilliesCarol » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:56 am

ANOTHER WORM INFESTATION?? What in the world and who is SHORTWOMEN. I AGREE WITH NEDLO, WHAT IS GOING ON//
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: ANOTHER WORM INFESTATION???

Postby mammamaia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 am

did you hit the 'report' button and notify brian?... i've found that's a lot more effective than starting a thread...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:51 am

Yes, always report spam the instant you perceive. I have an e-mail in to a site admin to nuke "shortwomens", who has been banned previously, btw.

I can delete a few spam posts, but not 326 - which an admin can delete, along with the poster, instantly.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Postby louiseh87 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am

I'm just wondering how this poster got back in...
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:04 am

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:50 am

Would someone please tell me how/where/what is the "report" button? I'm usually in here early in the morning
and that probably would help if I could catch someone sooner. Thanks Paul, for getting on this stuff and thanks
to Brian also. However, I too wonder how banned spammers can get back in. Not to worry, I wouldn't understand
all the computerEZE if you told me, but I'm glad all you good cops know how to catch the bad guys.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 am

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Does this forum require ISP-based emails? I know one forum I'm on switched to that requirement (versus google, yahoo, etc) because of spamming. And that would allow one to contact the ISP with spamming complaints as well (as don't most have anti-spamming in their TOS?). Anyway, current members didn't have to switch, but any new members had to register with their ISP email.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Next

Return to FAQs