Wha Hoppin!!!

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Nedlo
Sergeant

Re: Wha Hoppin!!!

Postby Nedlo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:43 am

Tks "mam" for the info. I hope i don't have to use the triangle too often, but when necessary, it will be an "instant" click on my part. I also did drop Brian a message on the recent spammer, early this morning.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Yes - the report button sends a report to all admins, me included, although a PM to a site admin can work too - IF the admin accesses his or her e-mail. And guess what - this is a holiday weekend, and not everyone is working. Don't think the spammers don't know that!

FYI - Spambots are unlikely to access this site via the CAPTCHA in place - where you have to type in the letters and numbers in a graphic that appears as part of the registration process - we'd see 50+ spam posts a day here if the spambots could get through. But human spammers can easily read CAPTCHA characters, input them, and then merrily spam away. We are working on activating another line of defense built into phpBB site software which will stop spammers dead, dead, dead. May take a while, though.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 am

good news, paul... hope it works!

'course, to be realistic, no matter what security can be devised, some hacker will find a way around it! :cry:
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Previous

Return to FAQs