[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Question about self published book. : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Question about self published book.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
roda havet
Captain

Question about self published book.

Postby roda havet » Sun May 29, 2016 5:01 pm

I have a question about self publishing a book. I have compiled my poems into a book. There is around 60 poems along with a dedication page and table of contents; which makes around 47 pages. So, my question is: Does anyone know about how much the price should be set for something like that? I've researched it myself but it seems every book is different. I have found some with less pages than mine that are nine dollars and others about a dollar. I also wanted to know does a self published book need a copy write page? :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Re: Question about self published book.

Postby pls » Mon May 30, 2016 9:28 am

Self-published. If only electronically, 99¢. If you publish with Smashwords, they furnish the copyright for free. Amazon has its own system. You mean "copyright", right, not "copy write", and you don't need a whole page for a copyright notice.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 am

[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Mon May 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Lulu is quite decent, for what it is. I've used it in the past for one of my books, and the quality of the printed copies is reasonably good. You might need a couple of iterations of experimenting with fonts and cover graphics before you're happy with it, but overall it's pretty much WYSIWYG.
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon May 30, 2016 2:38 pm

The Swearingen family history was published by Lulu, and it is of good quality. CreateSpace is probably cheaper, though, for a small book of poetry.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon May 30, 2016 4:13 pm

From what I've read it's free to publish an e-book on lulu. :)

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 am

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Tue May 31, 2016 9:21 am

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Return to FAQs