[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Question about writing an essay. : FAQs • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Question about writing an essay.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
pls
Site Admin

Re: Question about writing an essay.

Postby pls » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:25 pm

PLS thanks for the info and the good luck it seems I may need some luck on this one. It's not the same as sitting down and writing poetry or a novel, it takes being a bit more involved then that but I'm very devoted to making this really work. I found an example doc on my google doc files that has a format of a report instead of an essay though it works the same, so I'm using it to help outline things. Hopefully I can get this done and out there sooner then later to help others who are dealing with the same thing. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:17 pm

When I'm ready to have some of this critiqued where should I post it? Should it be put in the non-fiction forum since it's all based on facts about the disease and real life experiences? I'm starting to make some progress and when I'm done with the introduction part I'd like to get some feed back. Though it's going to take some time to really get this together because there are still some facts to research about some parts of it. But I'm getting it done and working hard to do so. Back to researching and writing for me. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:53 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:07 pm

OK thank you. When I get some of it typed up I'll post it in the non-fiction forum for some critiquing. :)

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:36 pm

I posted the start of my essay/report in the non-fiction. I hope it's not too boring for all to read, though there isn't a way to make this topic sound interesting in the first place. Please let me know how I'm doing so far in the critique forum. Thanks everyone for getting me started in the right direction. :)

miketom
Sergeant

Postby miketom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:23 am

Formerly known as J T Hall and Lyn Carceo
Creator of a hanson/dragon/dinosaur world

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:41 am

Miketom thank you for the advice. But one question, if the person is your husband and he says it's okay to use his name wouldn't that be fine without going through written permission? :)

klara33
Private E-1

Postby klara33 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:04 am

pretty sure you don't need any help with essay writing any more but just in case there are those who need..and I as a foreign student do understand essay writing can be hard, especially when you have to become accustomed to a totally new to you essay writing guideline..and here are the resources I used and may be quite helpful:
https://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/p ... ay-writing
owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/685/01/
usu.edu/markdamen/WritingGuide/24intro.htm
books.google.com/books?id=9iS5v3u18PMC&pg=PA97&lpg=PA97&dq=essay+writing+guide&source=bl&ots=lN4MiLA0GK&sig=Yd7hFyVhjW73c7t3z4T5o2Sxku8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3zLLehp7QAhUE34MKHdhCCr44KBDoAQg6MAY#v=onepage&q=essay%20writing%20guide&f=false
basically all of these talk about the same but still each of these has something peculiar that other articles do not have..good luck
Last edited by klara33 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

klara33
Private E-1

Postby klara33 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:07 am

and here are some more
http://emedia.rmit.edu.au/learninglab/c ... ay-writing
academicskills.anu.edu.au/taxonomy/term/100

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs