[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
novel chapters : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

novel chapters

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
wild
Private E-1

novel chapters

Postby wild » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

How many chapters does a novel have to have?

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Re: novel chapters

Postby louiseh87 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:26 pm

How long is a piece of string?
Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

wild
Private E-1

Postby wild » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I guess I should say what constitutes too little chapter?Thank you for your feedback louise.

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Postby louiseh87 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 pm

louise is right on with her advice. Also, the genre will suggest the length and number of chapters.

BTW, I always suggest that beginning readers peruse at least a hundred titles in their chosen genre before getting too far involved in writing.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 am

if, by 'peruse at least a hundred titles' you actually mean 'read a hundred books' i heartily agree! ;)
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:59 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to FAQs