[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Disappearing posts (not mine) : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Disappearing posts (not mine)

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
shadowwalker
Captain

Disappearing posts (not mine)

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 am

This has happened a few times. I'll click on 'view unread posts' (or whatever it actually says) and get the list - but if it's more than 25 (ie, second page) I cannot get anything on the second page. It just keeps saying nothing found. :?: :?:
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing posts (not mine)

Postby pls » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 am

I never use this feature, but I have a feeling that the older posts are simply truncated. You can still find them all in the individual threads by looking at the color of the icon to the left, of course - if it's still red, you haven't read all the posts in the queue.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Ah, okay. Will check that from now on. Thanks :)
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

tdotrob
Private E-2

Postby tdotrob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:47 pm

What's the deal with posts where the text of the post has disappeared? In many cases there's a blank post followed by a duplicate with text. In other cases there are posts that look like they may once have had text and now are blank. Are these leftover artifacts from a software upgrade, database crash or other catastrophe?
-- T.Rob
on Twitter
because if I don't write, I'll explode.
- A blog about WebSphere MQ Security.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

tdotrob
Private E-2

Postby tdotrob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Ooh, sorry to hear that. Looks like a lot of interesting content went AWOL but thanks for cluing me in on the cause. The alternative was something wrong with my cache, cookies or board settings and I wasn't looking forward to tracking that down.
-- T.Rob
on Twitter
because if I don't write, I'll explode.
- A blog about WebSphere MQ Security.

Return to FAQs