[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Post time Inaccurate : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Post time Inaccurate

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

Post time Inaccurate

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Not sure that this makes any difference, but the time one posts an article is off. I posted something at 4:40 PM and the clock posted it as 9:20 or some such weird hour. Just wondering. Carol
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

updog
General of the Army

Re: Post time Inaccurate

Postby updog » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Did you remember to set your time zone in the control panel?
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:52 am

since posters are not all in the same time zone, a site has to have a basic one that will apply to all posts... which means that our posts will be timed by that zone, not our own...

if each post were to show the local time of the poster, something entered just minutes after the previous post might show a time many hours later or earlier...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:52 pm

It's all relative, maia :ugeek:

If you set your local time, all times then will post relative to your own time. Then if you post at, say, noon your time, the post time should display your local time. If RachelB in Japan posts in the middle of the night, then her post time would display in the middle of the day in the USA.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:54 am

ok, so i gather you are saying that all the times of everyone's posts that i see on my screen are 'my' zone's times... and when you are looking at your screen, they're showing in 'your' local time...

duh!... i guess i knew that... so ignore my previous post, everyone, please!... i'm usually posting first thing in the am, when my brain may still think it's lying comfy in bed and not being asked to deal with such stuff... :roll:
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Return to FAQs