[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Name question : FAQs • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Name question

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Name question

Postby mammamaia » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am

carol... paul's name is the only one here that is showing in blue... you and everyone else is in red...

i'm assuming it's because he's a section moderator and the rest of us aren't... why is that a problem?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 am

Actually, my name is in green because …
1. It started in red, like everyone else's …
2. Then, when I accessed my user control panel and updated the info (including time zone), it changed to blue …
3. Finally, after I was designated Global Moderator, I went back to the user control panel and designated my primary group as "GM", rather than "Member".

I think that's the sequence of color changes. Correct me if I'm wrong, as phpBB doesn't have a manual of operations that comes with the latest software upgrade, and I'm too lazy to track it down on the phpBB web site.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 am

I still don't really understand what y'all are saying. My username has always been blue under my avatar, and red under the thread title. I've accessed the UCP many times, made all the changes, but my colors stay the same.
When we were all just getting back on here, some people were saying their names were in blue, or red, whatever it was (apparently different than everyone else anyway), I always saw everyone's colors the same as mine. The only change I've seen is PLS as green. I wonder if it has to do with settings, or subscribing to threads? I'm not subscribed to anything.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:31 pm

updog, your name is blue under this thread title - or rather to the right side. Must be a personal thing that only the user sees.

Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jowen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Yup, updog, I see your name under your avatar as red, and red under thr thread title too, not blue. I only see red and blue names (smilies are okay) on my screen -- no green, so pls is red, the same as everyone else. So, pls, if I haven't been giving you the respect you deserve as a global mod, please forgive me. I didn't know you were green, and wouldn't have known if others hadn't said so. You''ll have to have Mr. Green :mrgreen: as your siggy.
[imge=3509-3]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm

From what I can tell on the phpBB user boards, the admins have to set group members' name colors with a global action:

ACP | Users & Groups |
Submit the username
Select Form: Groups (pulldown combo at top right)
Make Group Default for Member

In other words, we'll see others' names in red or blue until the members' name color is specified by an admin as above. "ACP" = Administrative Control Panel, which only an admin can access. (I learned something today, but then every time I have to access the phpBB user boards I learn things.)

Previous

Return to FAQs