[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Name question : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Name question

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

Name question

Postby LilliesCarol » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Whenever I post something my name comes up blue. Why is that?
Lilliescarol
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

kankowitz
Sergeant

Re: Name question

Postby kankowitz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:49 pm

I think it might indicate that you are the poster...or that it is somewhere on this forum that you visited - by that I mean - if you click on a post or maybe a users name it is blue and shows that you were there. Maybe? I'm not sure but my name is blue as well.
KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

Solrokr
Private E-1

Postby Solrokr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:10 pm

You mean your user name comes up blue in the top left of your post? Under your avatar slot?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:18 pm

It actually indicates that your primary group is "member", not moderator or administrator.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:48 am

PLS, what you wrote doesn't make sense. And no to all of the above answers. If you will look at the top of this post at my name is in blue. Also when I post a reply to someone in response to what they wrote, you will see my name comes up blue. Paul,Your PLS comes up green, I assume that is because you help moderate. The only other person who comes up blue is NEDLO. WHY ARE WE BLUE? BOO HOO
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:26 am

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 am

Other people have complained/asked about this too, but I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for if you don't mean the name under your avatar, or the name under the thread title. What I see is we're all blue under the Avatar, and red under the thread title, except for PLS, who is green. But there are unexplained things happening all around this site. Disappearing avatars. Disappearing posts. I think we have poltergeists.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:17 pm

If you go to the Forum index, the moderator under every forum is "Arwen9". :? I understand pls is a Global Moderator. Why doesn't his name appear alongside Arwen9's? No disrespect to you, Liz. I'm just curious. :?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:29 pm

That's what we call a work in progress. The skinny is that someone clicked on the wrong lines - Liz is now listed as a mod in every forum, but in order for her to BE a global mod, that someone will have to click on the right links next to make her one. (I've already warned her that it's not easy being green! :mrgreen: )

Arwen9
President of the World

Postby Arwen9 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

What pls said, about me being on every forum. :) lol

so far as the name thing, if I may chime in....

it's not so much the member thing. Pls is green bc he's a global mod, and Brian and etc should be red as admins. However, we show up red (all users) until you click on yourself to go to your profile. (most likely Lillies you've clicked on yourself at some point without realizing it) When you do so, your name turns blue to show that you've clicked on that link. But if you switch computers (and I suspect clearing cookies will do the same) Then the name goes back to red again until you click it again.

Liz
“Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know of no shortcuts.”
—Larry L. King

Never argue with your characters, your muse, or your gut -- me

Next

Return to FAQs