[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Need help from a moderator : FAQs • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Need help from a moderator

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Lisa Voges
Lieutenant

Re: Need help from a moderator

Postby Lisa Voges » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm

A day without writing...is a day unremarkable.

http://lifespeculiarities.blogspot.com/

:)

MacHill
Private E-2

Postby MacHill » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:38 pm

I wish I hadn't read this thread. I was feeling happy about finding this forum. Now, I have reservations about participating here. Please tell me everything is great so as to contradict my overall assessment of this web-presence as it stands today!

I ran a large international gaming community when forums were calls BBS. My general conclusion is most corporate driven entities consider communications between customers to be a sideline, whereas in reality it becomes increasingly a medium for customer referral, and an indicator of internal customer services. Most error by means of failure to embrace the resources available via member participants. This has improved somewhat over the years, but it stands to reason many active participants know more solutions than the IT folk trying to figure out new software- if only they would provide updates and ask for help.

I'm not sure what is going on at F & W in that when I did business with them they were an excellent group of professionals. So, I'd guess this modification to newer software spans all of their publication websites, which makes it more difficult to curtail to a writer's venue. It also complicates SOP when it comes to volunteer moderators and levels of access/status required to fend off the evil spammers.

Thanks for your efforts moderators! Best of luck there, IT folk!

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:09 pm

We're making progress, Mac. phpBB is very stable and useful, but like most BB software, it is not intuitive. Luckily, the phpBB forums themselves are chock full of solutions, but as we teachers well know, answers are useless unless you know the questions first. (And teachers who are chained to NCLB philosophy are pretty much useless, too, but don't get me started …)

I agree, communication could be improved between those in charge and peons, although I've seen some improvement. There's only so much a person can do in the time given him/her, however. But some of us are indeed helping out with what limited powers and knowledge we have.

So feel free to chime in when you see something that needs to be fixed, and if I can't fix it, I'll help you formulate the questions that need to be asked and then point you towards the right person to ask.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

AnnabelleCharbit
Private E-1

Postby AnnabelleCharbit » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Ok I think you guys just answered my question. I was wondering what had happened to the old format and to all the old friends I'd made. Am i right in thinking that the spammers wrecked it all and that the admins had to reset it?
Looks like the admins have finally taken care of it.... or have they?
Annabelle

When a girl with obsessive compulsive disorder falls in love with a sociopath, she fights for her sanity and her life.
http://www.ridiculouslife.net/

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 pm

AnnabelleCharbit
Private E-1

Postby AnnabelleCharbit » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks pls, its good to be back. Took some time off (having a baby, working on finding an agent for my novel). Anyway it's good to be back. I have recognised some of the old crew, and it's fun reconnecting. Here's hoping the new format proves successful for everyone.
Annabelle

When a girl with obsessive compulsive disorder falls in love with a sociopath, she fights for her sanity and her life.
http://www.ridiculouslife.net/

fastforward
Private E-1

your story

Postby fastforward » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 pm

This site gets more complicated by the day....Where do you find the finalists stories?

pls
Site Admin

Re: your story

Postby pls » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:01 am

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:27 am

pls: Can you please delete my post under the Ninety Years of WD thread? It's over a year old. I'm sure its providing a home for online bugs - probably smothered in spiders - and it's not doing my morale any good having it stare at me every time I log on. Please? Pretty please? :oops:
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs