[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
here we go again...TEN pages of %#@*!?? : FAQs • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

here we go again...TEN pages of %#@*!??

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
MookyMcD
Captain

Re: here we go again...TEN pages of %#@*!??

Postby MookyMcD » Mon May 25, 2015 1:29 pm

It's time to let go, Paul. It they valued your time at minimum wage, this problem would not exist. If they valued our participation in basically creating the content that drives eyes to their ads, this problem would not exist.

I'm outa here.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon May 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Was I supposed to get minimum wage?

Ha, ha. Only 2 1/2 hours today clearing out spam. They target the weekends and holidays, you know.

Okay, I'm going to take a day off tomorrow and let someone else do the dirty work. Don't be surprised if the spam sits all day, as I'm going to notify one of the "higher-ups" in the corporate office.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue May 26, 2015 10:05 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Tue May 26, 2015 10:19 am

This spam is making hard to come on here and post or look at anything. Hope it can be fixed soon.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 am

fyi, with no deletion for just one day, the 'writer's block party' section now has 46 / FORTY-SIX pages of korean krap to wade through, before getting to the latest member posts...

what good does it do to keep deleting all that kaka when it's all one sees when trying to get to a real post?... is it any wonder that new sign-ups are down to a slow trickle and our oldest and most loyal/helpful members are giving up in disgust?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue May 26, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm taking the day off (Tuesday) from spamfighting. Had a dental appointment anyway and things to do this afternoon. Yes, I did receive a response from the "higher-up" in the corporate office: "Sorry". I don't see that he's dealing with the spam, though, and when I return to duty tomorrow - which btw is infusion day for me - I will NOT delete any of the Korean spam posted today but will start with non-Korean spam and anything posted after midnight Wednesday. (I will continue to maintain the YA Fiction forum, though.) It's time that someone else on the corporate payroll took care of the problem - permanently.

amorifera
Private E-1

Postby amorifera » Wed May 27, 2015 5:21 am

I just registered with the forums a couple of days ago. In addition to having a nightmare of a time signing in with the username and password I just created, once I was actually able to access the forums I was greeted with 20 pages of spam to wade through to get to any useful posts. Needless to say, I'm not thinking highly of WD and the quality of their spam filters, which makes me question the quality of their other products. This may be the most short-lived forum to which I have ever registered.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed May 27, 2015 6:52 pm

See the above. For months Terry and I, the mods, have deleted thousands and thousands of spam posts, mostly Korean. We took Tuesday off, and the result is what you see. We're waiting for WD to do something about the open door to spam that is this forum - there are no anti-spam filters because of this forum's software, phpBB, which is integrated with WordPress, an unholy marriage if there ever was one. Once something is done to stop the Korean spam (like an IP address block), we'll go back to work, removing spam. I feel your pain.

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 pm

I've started banning and deleting posts, but I wish it worked faster. I have to do a minimum of 3 clicks and waiting for the pages to load to delete a post.

amorifera
Private E-1

Postby amorifera » Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 am

The moderators really should not have to waste their time deleting this monumental number of spam posts (particularly as it's apparently not easy to do a bulk delete). Forgive my newbie status (I'm sure you have tried to get this fixed for a while), but is there anything we can do to help mitigate this situation? Any particular person to whom we can send an e-mail? I'm happy to do what I can.

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs