[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Almost a space... : Writing Space • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Almost a space...

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

RE: Almost a space...

Postby Jamesaritchie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:35 am

Peridot Texan
Private First Class

Postby Peridot Texan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Hey Seth, ...what a CLASSIC typewriter. Mine is not as old. My wife gave me one back in 1972 and I still have it, (a Smith-Corona Classic 12, manual ...non-electric) and wouldn't part with it. Typed many pages on that thing. Used it until I purchased my first computer in early '91 a 2mb HP with an Epson 24 pin dot matrix printer (I can still remember the noise that printer made).

RIP Ford
Sergeant

Postby RIP Ford » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:21 pm

Seeing that old Royal brings back a lot of memories. I learned how to type on one of those back in high school. Why, I was even on my H.S. typing team in district competition. Woowee! In your photo I can identify many of the old settings, such as the margin, the paper adjusting lever, etc. Changing the ribbon in those things, the little round wheels, used to give me fits.
The first newspaper where I worked we had a flat-bed printing press, made in the 1880s. There was nothing quite like the awesome whoosh of the massive rollers on the press passing over the type and gorging newsprint. At full speed, it cranked out about two newspapers a second, from what I remember.

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:19 am

Setchmosis
Private E-1

Postby Setchmosis » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm glad that my pictures are bringing back memories. :)

RIP Ford
Sergeant

Postby RIP Ford » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:18 am

Oh yeah, I forgot. The typewriter was made of REAL steel, not plastic. They were heavy - and meant to last, not ditched in a couple of years. Trying to send e-mail on them was quite a challenge ...

garden_ladybug
Corporal

Postby garden_ladybug » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:17 am

TheRazor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Almost a space...

Postby TheRazor » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:19 pm

That's one unique writing space and on the go. Great for those bathroom inspirations.-DavidG

Previous

Return to Writing Space