[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Almost a space... : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Almost a space...

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Setchmosis
Private E-1

Almost a space...

Postby Setchmosis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 am

Setchmosis
Private E-1

Almost a space...

Postby Setchmosis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 am

Alright, I haven't been able to take any pictures of my entire writing area yet, but I do have a picture of the most important part. Although I have areas that I frequent when I write, (which I will post pictures of later), my real "writing space" could honestly be defined simply by where this is. My 1940's WWII era Royal "Quiet De Luxe" Portable Typewriter! (sorry, I'm just completely in love with this thing.)

jimdens
Major

RE: Almost a space...

Postby jimdens » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Ya know, that first picture brings about all sorts of story ideas....

shakeabop
Private E-2

Postby shakeabop » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:17 am

Now I have to ask, do you really use that? If so, I am incredibly impressed...I am not sure I would ever get anything written if I didn't have my laptop with all of its wonderful on the fly editing capabilities. But I do understand...I use a 1958 Singer sewing machine...and people tell me I am nuts for that LOL

That is awesome though! Thanks for sharing.

Setchmosis
Private E-1

Postby Setchmosis » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 pm

I do, everytime I write. There is something about it that helps me find inspiration. I know it sounds crazy, but I hadn't written anything in years, and I found this typewriter outside of an old antique auction house. I picked it up and took it inside and the owner told me that I could have it because they were throwing it away. The typewriter itself wasn't damaged at all, and the case had only a slight crack in it. (you can see it in the picture if you look closely.) Anyway, after I ordered an ink ribbon for it online, and when it came in, I sat down and began to type. Within the next few days I had typed three short stories. I know, I was probably just ready to write again, but to this day I always type the first draft on my typewriter. Sure it had many drawbacks, but I think it is worth it.

It might have something to do with the fact that this model typewriter was Ernest Hemmingway's favorite machine. lol idk

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:37 am

I have a Royal Quiet Deluxe that I love. This is the model I have http://www.mytypewriter.com/index.asp?P ... &ProdID=43 but I paid only ten bucks for mine. When I bought it, only one letter had been written on it, and the original bill of sale, dated 1949, and user's manual came along with it. It's a wonderful little typewriter.

I was stunned when I found a web page that listed it at $450.  I had no idea.

Susan
General

Postby Susan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Seth,

You write with a typewriter- and it's not even electric? That is total coolness!! That is quite a nice old Royal you've got there!

Susan
General

Postby Susan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Setchmosis
Private E-1

Postby Setchmosis » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Setchmosis
Private E-1

Postby Setchmosis » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:16 pm