[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My space : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

My space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Peridot Texan
Private First Class

My space

Postby Peridot Texan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Peridot Texan
Private First Class

My space

Postby Peridot Texan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:11 pm

After moving and just getting settled in, the wife and I are still living out of, and searching through boxes, ...BUT I do have my little space set up. No pic's at this time. Computer desk covered and cluttered. TV and stereo behind me. To my right, a book shelf with almost half of the Writers Digest Book club selections on at least two (maybe two and a half) of the shelves. Just the place to sit, ...and think about all the things I would like to write, ...but just haven't done it yet!

Ifeelunusual
Private First Class

RE: My space

Postby Ifeelunusual » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:30 am

The space sounds a lot like mine.  The procrastination sounds exactly like mine!

jimdens
Major

Postby jimdens » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:40 am

I can relate. I am, at this very moment, revamping my writing/scrapbooking/painting/whatever else I might get the itch to do space.  Okay, I may have just become a little overwhelmed and sat down to write... Unfortunately, I have to share this space with my little hoodlums, (I mean angels).  This particular room has been storage space, a work-out room, a spare bedroom, and an office in the nine years we've lived here.  About this time last year I decided I wanted a complete makeover - an artist needs functional and inspirational space!  So we completely cleared the room out, (bless my hubby, he's always so abiding), built a countertop wrapped around two walls, (which would be my space, added a peg board on the wall above that, (to hold all my inspiration, as well as tools), and updated the lighting.  Being the thoughtful mother I am, I added a "homework table" for my sons; my intention was to inspire them to be creative, so naturally I filled this table, and shelves underneath, with all manner of paper, crayons, colored pencils, and lots and lots of books.  Well, I don't think they've ever even seen that table.  They've slowly but surely morphed their creativity to my space, and completely taken over - so much so that I've been pushed out to the screened porch, (where I happen to be now), to get anything done.  So, since deciding to revamp all over again, I just wiped the homework table of all it's contents and discoverd so many dust bunnies that I about blew up!  [Hence this little break].  I am sitting here under the guise of opening Visio and redesigning the room, (again). But I guess I oughta just get up and get on with it....

Hopefully I'll have it complete in the next 64 days or so and can post a photo of my brand new creative writing space!

Peridot Texan
Private First Class

Postby Peridot Texan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Hi Deanna, ...your response brought a smile to me. Don't give up on that space...LOL. It will eventually happen. Sad to say...mine has not improved either. BUT, ...I promise to get a picture here someday when it is all organized.

Peridot Texan
Private First Class

Postby Peridot Texan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi Ifeel, ...as I responded to Deanna's post, thought I should let you know that the procrastination is still alive and well here as I "try" to organize.

Colz
Private E-1

Postby Colz » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Peridot Texan
Private First Class

Postby Peridot Texan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:44 pm

LOL ...love the response. Pets are great! We have two dogs and two cats. 

I see your new here. Well, ...welcome to the Forums. Lots of good advice here, and a place to have fun.

I pop in and out from time to time, just happened to pop in and saw your reply.

Bob I.
Private E-1

My Space

Postby Bob I. » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:30 am

Functional and cozy.

JTLake
Sergeant Major

Re: My Space

Postby JTLake » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:52 pm

?!? I guess you don't like the bad press that My Space has been getting here or you're really happy where you are right now. :o

Return to Writing Space