[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The First Ever Cajun Bookshelf : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The First Ever Cajun Bookshelf

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
KnightWriter
Private First Class

The First Ever Cajun Bookshelf

Postby KnightWriter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:35 pm

If you've wandered in here out of curiosity, I welcome you to revel in my amusement. If you were looking for the coolest thing since color TV...you've made a wrong turn in Albaquerque. :) My apartment is small, technically it's not mine since it's my mom's. But, since we only have so much...we make the best of it. I was looking for my Organic Chemistry book one day to write a non-fiction article on biochemistry and metabolism....and I saw something that broke me down. The bookshelf that was in this corner suffered from a leak from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The resulting moisture caused mold to grow and destroy a book on Native American culture. :cry: And, "darkened" some pages in other books, but I still think they're salvage-able. So, my mom went to Sam Walton Land and bought this! As you can see, I made use of the ENTIRE box. I'm sure my grandpa was laughing at me all the way from Heaven and shouting "You DID learn something after all."

100_0198 (731x975).jpg

And here's what it looked "post-rigging"

100_0199 (731x975).jpg

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Re: The First Ever Cajun Bookshelf

Postby Anya Kylash » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Upload your pics to photobucket and copy the image url here. Then highlight the urls and click Img on the toolbar right above the text box. Comment and your pictures should show.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Something must be wrong with my profile here. It took at least 5 times to at least put the text in, and I've never had a problem with it before until yesterday. I wonder what happened, then again...I don't want to discombobulate myself.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:58 pm

That's just the site. It randomly deletes some comments when you click "post". The best thing to do is copy out what you're commenting before you post it.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Fri May 03, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks. How good is Photobucket? I've never done online posting of pictures (minus Facebook and Walgreens) and I've heard about all kinds of stuff from programs like Instagram. Skeptical, I am...hmmmm....

Okay, that last bit would've been better if I sounded like Grover and had hairy, green, and pointy ears while being approximately 2.5 feet tall. :lol:

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Photobucket is really good. It stores however many photos you want and although it has that 5% instagram wannabe part, the rest is great for posting pictures virtually anywhere. I was skeptical when my best friend recommended it too, but it works great.

Yoda's my favorite Jedi!
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Mon May 06, 2013 8:33 am

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Mark Hamil as the Joker! He was great! I can't say that about the early Batman movies, though.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Thu May 16, 2013 9:22 am

Even though I can't do it like he did...I "kinda" shot one off the other day. There's this lady at the dialysis center who has EXTREME dementia. I'd say about every 30 seconds, she'd raise her arms in the air and be like "Someone, help me. PLEASE!" We'd go to her and ask what the problem was, but she'd be better than okay only to keep the revolving door moving once you turn your back. The nurse that day made me actually have to voluntarily leave the room so I could burst out in laughter at the situation.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 am

Smart nurse. I'd probably be annoyed, but yeah, laughing would be a side effect.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

Return to Writing Space