[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Where the Magic Happens... : Writing Space • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Where the Magic Happens...

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
KnightWriter
Private First Class

Re: Where the Magic Happens...

Postby KnightWriter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:31 am

Yeah, he was Herc. And Lucy Lawless was Xena. She looked more "Amazoness Paladin" to me now that I think about it...oh well. I can relate to the small space for sure! I stay in an apartment where the rent is under $500 and if it were on MTV Cribs...it would look like Redman's house. "Here is the bedroom. We walk 7 inches, and here is the bathroom. Turn your head, you see my homies chillaxin' in the living room. We turn around and take one step and we're right between the sink and the fridge. What do we have in the fridge? Hmm...only half a gallon of Kool-Aid. Well, that's my magic haven. Get to steppin'!" :lol: Okay, I didn't know I could edit a photo in Paint and still keep it as a photo instead of a .bmp file. I'll put that knowledge to good use! Thank you so much!!!

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes! Someone knows Hercules and Xena! When I was little, I used to ask kids if they watched those shows, but I guess they weren't that popular. Looking back, they were kind of (really) cheesy. But I still like them.

Your house seems tiny! O.o And that's coming from me. I live with nine other kids and my parents.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 am

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Cheesiness works wonders! Some of the cheesiest shows are my favorites. Doctor Who, Star Trek (any series), and Top Gear are all brilliant.

That is tiny! My mom made me choose either my desk or my bedside table, which is about four feet down at the foot of my bunk, but I rebelled and stuck my desk under my bed, much to the groans of my sisters. Mom didn't mind so much then. It sounds painful, living in such a cramped space.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Don't mean to butt in on you two but you two are making fast friends and it's fun to see! Anya, I think I saw this in the other thread you were conversing in but I was homeschooled for awhile when I was in jr high and high school. That was a long time and at that time I was pretty much teaching myself. Where my comma problem comes from. And that was a LONG time ago now.

Any Star Trek, and Top Gear and Star Wars are all favorites in my house. :)

And KnightWriter, wow your place is small. But hey if it's all yours all the better right? I still have a 20 year old daughter living at home because it costs too much for her to live elsewhere on her own.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Not butting in at all! Yeah, my dream attacked my most vulnerable point, where I ask myself if I use too many commas.

Star Wars is brilliant! Han Solo is my favorite.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 pm

I think your dream instigated an agent dream of my own last night where my novel was handed over to an agent I'm following on Twitter and I was informed she was going to represent me! Now I just might have to put her on top priority when I start to query in the next few weeks.

Star Wars was my favorite growing up. The first movie came out when I was 6 or 7 and I had the action figures and my own Princess Leia doll and everything. My youngest is 11 and she loves it. She has Clone Wars stickers all over one wall in her room and a bunch of other stuff. She loves Darth Vadar and that makes me worry some. She named one of the dogs Yoda after we said Darth Vadar was not a good name for a little scared of everything dog. ;)

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Wow Laycrew...didn't know you were stalking us with a 35mm camera. :lol: Do people still use those anymore? That stint at Walgreens I did showed mostly digital. Anyway, Star Wars and Trekkie represent! I had an organic chemistry professor, who was the chemistry department head, declared Star Trek an avid science. So much so, he named his only son Jean-Luc. Imagine, a towering dude from Trinidad talking about Science Fiction, chemistry, and his homeland all at the speed of light. Talk about an excitedly cool person! Did ya'll see the PEZ dispenser collection for TNG that came out this past Christmas? Believe it or not, they had two versions where the first one had Picard and Locutus...but no Dr. Crusher! How can you say you have a "collection" of anything without the entire cast? So, the second version ix-nayed on the Borg and, thus, Beverly became a PEZ Dispenser.

And about that "fast friendship thing," I try to associate myself with positive people anywhere be it personal or professional. Anya fits the bill...hook, line, and sinker.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Laycrew, I'm so glad! Agent dreams are the best! :mrgreen: When my mom was growing up, she said that she was going to marry Luke Skywalker. She was upset when Luke was Leia's brother, because she wanted him to get the girl.

KnightWriter, I hate collections like that! It's ridiculous that they call it complete when it isn't. And, aw! Thank you!
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm

You're quite welcome. :) Kindness begets kindness. And, since you're the first one to build me up on here for the long haul...I figure I can learn from someone like you.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space