Zen Writing Space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
ZenWriter
Private E-1

Zen Writing Space

Postby ZenWriter » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:37 am

ZenWriter
Private E-1

Zen Writing Space

Postby ZenWriter » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:37 am

I don't have a picture of my desk yet, but I'll try to get one soon. I don't really have a set place to write though, I write whereever feels right at the time. Sometimes it's at my computer desk, sometimes it's lounging on the couch, or outside on my patio table. Sometimes I write at my desk at work when I'm having a slow day. Then I have to use the computer, because it's easier to hide my slacking that way than with a notebook and pen. But I often write longhand. I just finished my first novel, and I guess I wrote the majority of it on my computer, but serveral chapters began in my notebook then got transferred to computer. There's something about the feel of pen and paper in hand that seems to help my creativity flow a bit more. But I've just started writing semi-regularly in the past 8 months or so, so maybe I just need to get used to the computer. I sit at one for 8 hours every day at work though. I have a work in progress that is all on paper, and I started transferring it to my computer, and I found that can be a very time consuming process. I type fast, but I get sidetracked wtih other ides. I also love to write at the park. I'm in the market for a new laptop so I can use that anywhere I go. Hard to lug a desktop around! LOL But soon as I get a pic of my "official" desk, I'll post it here.

cowriter
Private E-1

RE: Zen Writing Space

Postby cowriter » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:48 pm

Zen - give the Motion Computing LS 800 tablet a look. Great little electronic tablet.

Return to Writing Space