[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Creative Space : Writing Space • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Creative Space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
berniefranks
Private E-1

RE: Creative Space

Postby berniefranks » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Whereabouts are you? I find myself particularly drawn to the window view in the last picture. It's gotta be nice to look out the window and see trees instead of houses.

Dawn
Private E-1

Postby Dawn » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm in Gaithersburg, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. We're lucky enough to have a state park behind our house, so the trees are there to stay (and a creek, deer, skunks, and the occasional fox).

It does make for a nice view. I have to admit, though, that when I'm writing, I'm not paying much attention to the trees. I see, but I don't see. :)

Take care,

Dawn

writeratwork
Private E-1

Postby writeratwork » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 am

writeratwork
Private E-1

Creative Space

Postby writeratwork » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:18 pm

This is my space at home. Since I am away at school most of the year, this is what I get during Thanksgiving/Christmas/Spring/Summer break. :) That's Oreo by the way, and the day this was taken she was being extremely generous about sharing the keyboard space.

my kitty Oreo napping where she pleases

Susan
General

Re: Creative Space

Postby Susan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Welcome Tandra! That's nice your cat allows you to use YOUR space...I have the same problems, except I have two balls of catty fur!

monkglenn
Private E-1

Postby monkglenn » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:43 am

Beautiful, inspirational. I love the big overstuffed chair...and need something like this. I have to write in bed due to my inability to sit (back trouble) in chairs. However, I am getting better and with a cushion chair like that, i can see more freedom coming. I'm starting to doubt my computer base as not as good as the reclined or seated posture.

Writing by hand seems to let me enter the process.

Your home atmosphere is delightful and is inspirational. ;)

http://forum.writersdigest.com/images/e ... s/wink.gif

Twix
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Twix » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 pm

Nice photo. Doe he ever knock the phone off the hook? One of my cats loves to jump up and crawl behind my laptop and then try to close the top with his head.

Dawn
Private E-1

Postby Dawn » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 am

Thanks so much! It really is truly my favorite space in my entire house. I do most of my journaling by hand and in that chair. When I work on my book I tend to do that on the computer at the desk. Sometimes I wonder if my writing is different when I write by hand as opposed to when I type. But for big things, I don't want to have to retype something handwritten. Call me lazy.

Thanks again for commenting, monkglenn!

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:24 pm

i no longer need the 'perfect' writing studio/space... having had a few back in my old material life, i can relate to how good it makes you feel to have everything at hand in an ambiance that pleases the eye and soul, as well as makes it easy to do whatever you need to do in your career as a writer [copy machine nearby, file cabinets within reach, capacious writing surface, great view, etc.], but now realize all of that's just the decorations on the icing on the cake... having been homeless [on purpose] for over a dozen years since, i've found i can write anywhere, with anything... so, my perfect 'creative space' is just my mind!

if someone will tell me how to do it, i'll insert a picture of my current physical space...

it's one corner of my 12x20' front room [in 2-room half of a donated duplex, the other half being used for the donation center i started and run for the needy islanders here], the three other corners being my LR, the kitchen, and what would be a dining table, if i ever ate there, but is instead a repository for my written work and free copies of my books and promo material for the donation center...

the view from my desk is of the back of the long bank of mayor's/gov't offices, small grass 'n gravel parking area, a small house next door, and the mango and tangerine trees that tower over it...

writeratwork
Private E-1

Postby writeratwork » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 pm

She knocks everything down, constantly. Even the lamp once. We had two cats for a while, but one wandered into the road and got hit :( Tigger was an unneutered tom and he used to constantly chase Oreo around the house, always managing to end up fighting and hissing on top the desk.

Tandra

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space