[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Creative Space : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Creative Space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Dawn
Private E-1

Creative Space

Postby Dawn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:02 am

Dawn
Private E-1

Creative Space

Postby Dawn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:02 am

It took me forever to take this picture. I'd either remember when no one was home, or I'd be pretty skanky looking. :)

Here's my creative space. I painted the walls last year this beautiful bronze color. Each wall looks like a different color depending on light and shadows. Part of the painting/redecorating process was to give me this corner of my bedroom as my creative space (which means I get to kick out my husband and kids when I want!).

I have my desk, two bookshelves (one with a complete set of OED - a Christmas gift from my wonderful husband - who else but a geeky writer gets excited over receiving DICTIONARIES for Christmas?!), and a comfy chair with a table full of inspiration.

BTW, I've loved looking at everyone's spaces - it really gives one a good idea of the person behind the space.

Take care,

Dawn

Susan
General

RE: Creative Space

Postby Susan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:38 pm

How beautiful!

Okay, I'm going to have to get out my camera and get to taking pictures of my space...

EzRytr
Captain

Postby EzRytr » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:02 pm

Dawn, will you come and decorate my space at home?  LOL

BEEE u TEEE ful.  :)

How did you get that authentic bronze color?!

TheRazor
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TheRazor » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:13 am

I see your Ipod.-DavidG

Dawn
Private E-1

Postby Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:03 am

Once upon a time, I thought I might like to be an interior designer. While I still think that would be cool, I've decided just to decorate my own home and let everyone else fend for themselves. :)

The paint color is a bit of a pain (my husband would have less-kind words than those). It's Lowe's Earth Elements series, and it takes two different paints to achieve that effect (hence, the pain bit). Step 1: Use Lowe's Signature Colors Interior Semi-gloss Wall & Trim as the base coat - color is EE2014B Aged Amber. Step 2: Use Lowe's Brilliant Metals for the top coat - color is EE2034 Lustrous Amber.

The sales rep told us one coat of each should do it. Unh unh. It was two coats of the base, and two coats, in some places three, of the second color.

So, yes, while it was a pain, the results are stunning (especially when the sun shines).

As far as the iPod -yeah, I noticed that it seemed to have a prominent place in the picture. :) Here's an interesting question: how many of you write while listening to music? Or do you need silence? If you do listen to music, what kind?

(I listen to classical music while I'm writing as I'm less likely to get distracted. If I were listening to my 80s, Loreena McKennitt, or Led Zeppelin, I might start humming along and listening more to the music than the voices in my head. :))

Take care,

Dawn

EzRytr
Captain

Postby EzRytr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Oooo thanks for the paint advice.  I am desperate for some colors other than wall to wall white!  I'll keep the pain part forefront in my mind.  LOL

I too, listen to music when I write.  Oddly enough, it keeps me FROM gettin distracted.  One would think it would be the opposite. 

lostwriter
Private E-1

Postby lostwriter » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:32 pm

I highly approve; not that it matters. After all who am I.

wings
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wings » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:38 pm

Grand. But I didn't see an i-pod. LOL You do look very relaxed. Nice lair!

Dawn
Private E-1

Postby Dawn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 am

Next

Return to Writing Space