Shakeabops writing space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
cassmick
Sergeant Major

RE: Shakeabops writing space

Postby cassmick » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Shakeabop and KPB -

Yup, chronic conditions in our kids change so much, our lifestyles, our expectations....Good luck with the Crohn's. I don't know much about that.

As for the diabetes, yeah, it might be interesting to have our kids talk to each other. My daughter copes really well most of the time and no longer remembers life before diabetes. She wears a Minimed Paradigm and it is amazing. I also volunteer for a family-to-family group based at St. Paul Children's Hospitals and Clinics that works with families who are new to type 1 diabetes. We had to go through a lot of training that covered grief as a big part of what happens after diagnosis. I keep thinking about how to write about that, but somehow I never do. I did teach a journaling class for parents who lost children and that was quite an experience.

If either of you want to talk more about chronic conditions, our kids, and how that affects our writing, feel free to PM me.

Take care.

Kathleen

shakeabop
Private E-2

Postby shakeabop » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Kristi and Kathleen-

I don't know much about Crohns either- having kids are tough to begin with- we just have a special spin :) PM's are welcome here too.

Thanks to all who commented on my space- We all need a place we can unwind and get comfy and WRITE! :)

MuttWriter26
Corporal

Postby MuttWriter26 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:16 am

Wow! That couch looks so comfortable, and I love the idea of having a laptop so you can type freely anywhere, don't you? That room looks cozy - hope you get some good ideas from it! ;)

Saundra

Copper23
Private E-1

Postby Copper23 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:27 am

Is the rooster a muse by any chance?

Nice space.

Tom

Previous

Return to Writing Space