Shakeabops writing space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
shakeabop
Private E-2

Shakeabops writing space

Postby shakeabop » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:09 pm

shakeabop
Private E-2

Shakeabops writing space

Postby shakeabop » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:09 pm

No desk- just my couch which is soooo comfy-in my favorite room in the house- everyone knows this is MY room :) I lean my back against the arm with a few pillows and a comforter and put my laptop...well...on my lap-

I think it is quite comfortable!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Susan
General

RE: Shakeabops writing space

Postby Susan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Holly,

Nice writing space! Does someone sit in the chair and serenade you on guitar while you write?

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:45 am

Sweet, Holly.

Great blog you have.  Love your collage titled 'Birth Control'

John

shakeabop
Private E-2

Postby shakeabop » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks on both comments! I love my space- it is all about me in there- I just kind of settle in- I have a diabetic child- so I am up until at least 1:00 am every night to check him, (yes, I do get up for work the next morning) but I can be awake the whole night depending on if his blood sugar or ketones are off- so it is important to have a comfortable warm space for me...And althought he circumstances are not good, it gives me time to write :)

As for my blog...I thank you...I found I needed some sort of outlet for feedback- It is hard to write and be in a vacuum about what we write, right? It is fun to share anyway. Thanks again

TheRazor
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TheRazor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:55 pm

I can see someone elses writing space in the other room.  It is a comfy space and a room I'd love to be snowed in.-DavidG

shakeabop
Private E-2

Postby shakeabop » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Hahahah Ya that is one of my sons in the kitchen...he also writes.. In fact we sort of co-authored a short story. I have been snowed in here and it is almost worth the darned mortgage payment :)

Susan- I think you mentioned the guitar- it is mine- no one serenading me here! I keep it out because if I had to fish it from the case, I never would play- and it is it gets little enough play time because I am always writing!

Thanks for the comments all- Holly

cassmick
Sergeant Major

Postby cassmick » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:52 am

Hi Shakeabop -

Very comfy space. We have a fireplace that I love to sit in front of with my laptop, too, but it's not my "official" space. Instead, I painted my office flame orange and that did the trick for me :-)

One of your comments that caught my eye was "diabetic child". Me, too....13-year-old daughter, diagnosed at 5, wears an insulin pump. Certainly puts a different lens in front of us through which to view life, doesn't it?

Kathleen

shakeabop
Private E-2

Postby shakeabop » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:24 am

Hi Kathleen-

Oh yeah A different perspective indeed! My son was dx'd at 9-he is 13, almost 14 now. He is also a pumper- Animas. I LOVE the pump! He does also- was put on it at 10 and not sure what we would do without it. We do the Tour de Cure for the ADA every year- doing the 32 mile ride this year.

I am amazed at how well he copes though- you find that with your daughter? It makes them very grown up in some ways (maybe not so much in others) but he is very self sufficient (I still check at night though because he has gone into seizures due to low blood sugar)

Maybe we should ge the two of THEM talking :)

Thanks for the comments and you know where I am if you want to talk- tough being the mom of a child with a chronic condition. Damned expensive too! :) Holly

KPB
Private E-2

Postby KPB » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Holly,

Your place is lovely. I love the stonework fireplace. I had to chime in about your discussion on the kids. My daughter is newly diagnosed with a chronic condition ... Crohn's . It's not diabetes, but it sure is scary to go through this ... well... to watch her go through this. She's not quite ten and was diagnosed last August. It changes your life doesn't it.

Kristi

Next

Return to Writing Space