[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
a unicorn place : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

a unicorn place

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
aunicorn
Private E-2

a unicorn place

Postby aunicorn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 pm

aunicorn
Private E-2

a unicorn place

Postby aunicorn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 pm

Being in this RV and getting the notion to try writing again, I’ve had to do some adapting. I keep my notepads & pens in a clipboard box so that when I feel cramped I can just pick it up and go (of course, it's purple, my fave color).

The Rolodex has all of my address/phone cards AND all website information. There is only enough space for about 20-30 more cards and it will be full. Yes, I have all of that information listed in the laptop, but when the last computer crashed, guess what? Therefore, I keep a Rolodex. Since I cannot have my 2nd monitor due to space limitations, it’s easier to use the Rolodex than to keep flipping between windows for my info.

A plastic shoebox tote holds all of my office supplies: pens, stapler, tape, paper clips, folder labels, etc. It's under the bench seats of the dinette.

My file cabinet had to go into storage, so I purchased 3 portable file boxes. Two of these are used for important household papers, titles, appliance manuals, insurance papers, etc. The other file box contains hard copies of everything that deals with my websites. These are stacked in the living room up top of this thing.

Two 3” D-ring binders are being used for my computer info, jewelry patterns, scroll saw/woodworking patterns & recipe collection. A 1” binder houses my song lyrics and I’m ready to start another one. These are in cabinets above the dinette.

Oh, and that’s Vegas (Siberian Husky) watching the squirrels and rabbit that’s in the yard (yard? It's an RV site, for cryin' out loud!). He’s 4 years old and makes sure I get breaks from the computer.

The background on the laptop is a digital picture I took of an iris. I swear it looks like my laptop is sticking its tongue out at me. I take tons of pictures and change the laptop background often.

This is the place where I had that 9-hour writing binge that I mentioned in the Introductions forum.

aunicorn
Private E-2

RE: a unicorn place

Postby aunicorn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:25 am

Does the link for downloads that appears at the bottom of the post mean that someone has downloaded the pic? Just want to know. I'm a newbie (sigh).

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:55 am

I don't know the answer to your question re: downloads, but I do envy your workspace!

My husband and I have flirted with the idea of selling the house, packing a storage unit and hitting the road for an extended sabbatical. 

aunicorn
Private E-2

Postby aunicorn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:36 pm

It can be done, you just have to learn to "adapt". Of course, I learned all about adapting in my 10 years as a truck driver and that space is much smaller than what I've got with this RV! My workspace at home was an entire room with closet, bookshelves, desk, file cabinet, etc. Lots of room and quite cluttered. Of course, I can't clutter here. Everything has to be put away if I'm not going to be using it regularly. Doing that just "gets my goat" because I'm a firm believer that organization wastes too much time. Hubby took a look at my home office once and asked, "How do you find anything?" "Easy," I answered. "I remember where I put it!"

I'm just saying that, if you want to travel, you'll find a way to make it work for you. Good luck and have fun!

JABarnes
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby JABarnes » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:10 pm

aunicorn
Private E-2

Postby aunicorn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:57 pm

aunicorn
Private E-2

Postby aunicorn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:55 am