[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My 'Office' : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

My 'Office'

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
MikeH
Private E-1

My 'Office'

Postby MikeH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 am

MikeH
Private E-1

My 'Office'

Postby MikeH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 am

I just got my new issue of Writer's Digest and realized I never posted my writing space photos from the previous issue.

A little late, but here they are:

Georganna
Brigadier General

RE: My 'Office'

Postby Georganna » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:12 am

I've heard the this is also a great reading space.  I remember reading my way back and forth on the "L" between downtown Chicago and Northwestern.  Don't recall the seats being so plush, though.  Where were your shots taken? 

MikeH
Private E-1

Postby MikeH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Those photos were taken on the 17 Bus from Horsham to Brighton in Sussex. Having two solid hours each day with absolutely nothing to do is a great motivator. I've finished two books and dozens of essays/articles on the bus. I mostly use the Alphasmart Neo, but for a final polish I can use my laptop. That's why I sit in the front seat; there's room to open it.

For the business side of writing, there's my home office. This is where I connect to the outside world, and it has the added benefit of easy access to the balcony, where I can sit with a tasty beverage, smoke a nice cigar and ruminate. Notice, too, that my trusty Neo is still close at hand,

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:20 am

Hi Mike,

Do you like your Alphasmart?  I'm thinking about buying one, but am wondering about the advantages versus a laptop.

aunicorn
Private E-2

Postby aunicorn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:20 am

MikeH
Private E-1

Postby MikeH » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:34 am

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:52 am

Hmmm, I think I'm sold.

Thanks, aunicorn, for the links.

Mike, you're a hoot.  LOL over the WD-40 mishap - sounds like my life.  "Neo-vana," eh? Love it.  :)

ReptileFreak
Private E-1

Postby ReptileFreak » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:54 am

Those things sound great! I also plan on getting one in the near future.

mparnell
Corporal

Postby mparnell » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the comments about the Neo.  Can you download text from it onto a thumb drive?  I'd love to have one just for the battery life.  They also seem much more practical (as in less expensive) than a laptop loaded with all sorts of features I never use.

I've seen them advertised in Writer's Digest, but I've never ran across anyone who owns one. 

Thanks,

Next

Return to Writing Space