[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Myspace--The place where I write,The place where I get annoyed : Writing Space • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Myspace--The place where I write,The place where I get annoyed

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Susan
General

RE: Myspace--The place where I write,The place where I get annoyed

Postby Susan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Radcliffe
Sergeant Major

Postby Radcliffe » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:47 am

I understand what you say..and thanks very much for what you have suggested.THe problem is that if i can spread my stories via this way..isnt that a better choice??

kingac
Major

Postby kingac » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:36 am

Even though I'm new here, I think what they are suggesting is that myspace probably isn't the *best* way to get people to read your work.  If you just want anyone to read your story, you might get random hits, and some reads, but you probably won't get many comments on your work, and if you do, they probably won't even be substantial.  Sure someone might float by and randomly find your page, and read your work, but you aren't going to build a fan base off of it.  I know a lot of music artists have been found this way, but I can't really see authors getting acclaim from a website.  If your friends are telling you they don't want you constantly telling them that you've posted something new then it's probably not the way to go.  If you just want people to read your work and you don't care if it does anything one way or another, you might want to try something like livejournal where people are somewhat going to read, but once again that's not always the best way.  I know this might sound discouraging, but just keep trying to put your work out, and do whatever you feel is right for you.

Radcliffe
Sergeant Major

Postby Radcliffe » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Saying goes that we should do what we heart tells us to do.But the point is sometimes what we are doing can not cater to the current situation.To tell you the truth, my asking others to read my lyrics, works, has already annoyed a lot of people. If we fail to cater to our readers' taste, we can never set up one fan base because ppl will begin to hate us..

AjLovesyooh
Private E-2

Postby AjLovesyooh » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:09 pm

i honestly think myspace is for only music groups.....my personal opinions. i know if i ever brfriended you on myspace, i would graciously read your works! but i am just that way. plus i have a lot of ME TIME ^^ lol well wanna be myspace buddies and we can share our views on eachother's works and such?

Radcliffe
Sergeant Major

Postby Radcliffe » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:16 pm

my address is www.myspace.com/Radcliffezhu
gonna have a look?

Susan
General

Postby Susan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Zhu:

Writing is not about catering to the needs of other people, it's about writing because that's what you love to do. You can never please everyone, there will be poeple who don't like what you write and others who do. Why not just write because you love to write (and, from reading your past stories, I get the feeling that you do love to write) and let your characters tell their stories through you. Once you have written a story to the best of you ability, submit your story to an appropriate magazine, i.e. one that you have researched and read and feel your story would belong between it's pages. 

As for people becoming annoyed when you ask them to read your lyrics, stories, etc.- stop asking those people. If yo write lyrics, find some songwriters in your area to work with.  Try some open mic with them.  As for your storeis, just write and submit. 

I doubt that Steven King, James Patterson, etc. etc. write to please their fans- they simply write their novels because the story is within them and because they love what they do.

kerrymichaelwood
Captain

Postby kerrymichaelwood » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:31 am

I got talked into a MySpace account. So far 90% of the friend requests I have received are from young gals who want to show off their t's and A's. None of them has any interest in writing.

Damienrentale1234
Private E-1

Postby Damienrentale1234 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:00 pm

I have a myspaceand now feel its a waste of time for me...too busy and too concerned for my lil Araya now

Radcliffe
Sergeant Major

Postby Radcliffe » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:20 am

i cant help doubting Ms Rowling...

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space