[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Memories : Writing Space • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Memories

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
jpenstroke
Lieutenant

Re: Memories

Postby jpenstroke » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 pm

this is a pretty big swipe - so much abstract -
You may find it enjoyable to grab one memory and give that and the emotion - let us see and feel a particular memory - the mind covering and uncovering the leaf fall - very colorful.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

RE: Memories

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for your comments York and Jane.

When you get to be as old as I am, memories come in a jumble and that is the reason for the fleeting first stanza.  Like it says, a lifetime of living.  The seasons indicate the effect the memories played during this long lifetime.  I hope this explains, if not, maybe you'll have to live as long as I have to see  the wanderings of my mind while it rambles through the abyss of memories.

Lillies

Lord Terpsichorean
Major

Postby Lord Terpsichorean » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Lillies,

I'm up there! :( :emoticon:

What throws me off is the period in the first stanza.

York

79VETTE
Lieutenant

Postby 79VETTE » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm

"Period at the end". Oh gosh I see that. It still a complete thought . don't you just love it when the light comes on. enough about me . I will never survive my Memories. move over guys age is catching up to us all.

Lord Terpsichorean
Major

Postby Lord Terpsichorean » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Angel Rose
Major

Postby Angel Rose » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 am

LilliesCarol, hey girl I'm up there with you too. Sometimes our memories move faster then our pens can put it on paper. But memories are a treasured commodity. So keep writing those memories are great!

Elibet
General of the Army

Postby Elibet » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:20 am

Lillies,
I really enjoyed this.

Elizabeth

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 am

Controversy, isn't it great!!

I guess we all take from an author what hits us between the eyeballs in the idea realm.

Lillies

GothWriter
Sergeant

Postby GothWriter » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:49 am

Lillies I liked it and the poem I just posted was written with the same sort of point but of course in a different context. SO I am with you on the whole reflection thing.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Memories

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 pm

After several months of being unable to post due to some sort of glitch in my internet browser, a wonderful MASTER OF THE COMPUTER led me to a whole new world on the internet.  So much for that!  The poem you see here was my first experiment with the new system.  However,I think I posted it a long time ago,but it will be new to many of you, so have at it.  Crits are always helpful.

MEMORIES

Joy, sorrow, delight, regret,
Fleeting, teasing, skipping, jumping one to another
A lifetime of living, striving, surviving---
Memories, forever and ever.

Memories forged in a vise of summer heat,
Covered with autumn leaves that drift down,
Snowflakes hid them all--
Till spring rains of atonement cleansed.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space