Kara Gebhart Uhl's writing space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
KeithMN
Lieutenant

RE: Kara Gebhart Uhl's writing space

Postby KeithMN » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:03 am

Well done, you!  I like highback chairs, too.  Great lamp. 

What's the view from your window?  And what's a ribbon board? 

KGU
Private E-2

Postby KGU » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:24 pm

Sorry! I just now noticed responses I hadn't responded to. Thanks, cowriter, l.p.igo and Keith. The view from my window is that of my backyard. It's not big, but we have lots of trees, including some tall pines, so I'm not looking at other houses, which is nice. When I worked from home I'd often see a deer resting underneath one of our three apple trees and once I witnessed a hawk attack a dove. Often, though, I just noticed how much weeding my garden needed. :) The ribbon board is the board in the left corner of the picture. Basically it's a piece of wood covered in cloth with ribbons attached. Pictures and notes and letters and cards slide underneath the ribbons. It's a bulletin board, really.

Kara Gebhart Uhl
managing editor
Writer's Digest magazine

writinpoetry
Private E-2

Postby writinpoetry » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:48 pm

Your office is so nice, I wish I had it! I just have one suggestion: the phone looks a bit out of place on the filing cabinet. Maybe move it onto the bookshelf on the right? Just a recommendation. Other than that, I LOVE it!

"Isn't it better to stop when people are asking for more, than to stop when poeple are tired of it?" -- C. S. Lewis

Lyns_Odyssey
Private E-1

Postby Lyns_Odyssey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 pm

Is that a little space heater on the floor, behind and to the right of your chair? If so, you and I have something in common (other than writing). I, too, sit with a space heater in exactly the same place. I'd have it closer if the cord were longer. LOL!

Great space!

Lynda

Cindylouwho
Private E-1

Postby Cindylouwho » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 am

Oh, what a lovely writing space! I just love old houses and even when I am in a "newer" home or apartment I try to make it feel like it has some inherent character of it's own.
I just moved into an old apartment building and my desk is sitting in my bedroom - I am still working on making it cosy. Your picture gives me some great ideas!

Love your writing space! :)

KGU
Private E-2

Postby KGU » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks for the phone placement suggestion, writinpoetry! My office is currently being transformed into a nursery so now the desk is downstairs and, well, nothing is like it is in the picture. :)

Lynda, That is a space heater. When I freelanced full-time from home, I'd keep the rest of the house cold to cut down on costs. Plus, it forced me to stay in my office and work!

Cindy, Thanks for the kind words. Post pictures of your space when you're done!

Kara Gebhart Uhl
managing editor
Writer's Digest magazine

MuttWriter26
Corporal

Postby MuttWriter26 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 am

That's wonderful writing space you have there! :) It just screams, "Sit here and type, type, TYPE!! Type and think and get inspiration until your brain hurts and fingers are bleeding and mind is going 100 MPH." Gosh, I wish I could have something like that. ;) Nice job, and great pics!

Previous

Return to Writing Space