Kirby's Writing Space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Insanity
Corporal

RE: Kirby's Writing Space

Postby Insanity » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:35 am

My folks befriended a bunch of baby squirrels awhile back after their mother was killed by a neighbor's BB-gun.  They would come and eat out of their hands.

We also had ground squirrels as pets when I was a kid.  Bringing back old memories.

Kirby
Captain

Postby Kirby » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:44 am

That's too bad about the neighbor's BB gun.  Our neighbor boy was doing this recently, shooting into our yard over our privacy fence.  Enough was enough when he shot and killed a red squirrel right in front of me (he claims not to have seen me).  I told his dad if his high school son didn't stop, it would be the police telling him next.  Guess what...it stopped.  The kid even came over and apologized, admitting that he was wrong.  I was very impressed with him.  He hasn't been a bother since.

Insanity
Corporal

Postby Insanity » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 am

Good story!  A pretty good ending too.

Kirby
Captain

Re: Kirby's Writing Space

Postby Kirby » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:21 am

I would like to report that my chipmunk friends Holes and Muse have both returned to my writing tent along with a few of their buddies in the backyard this summer. Happy to say that the bears haven't returned just yet, although neighbors have seen them. My parents bought me a bear bell for when I'm writing in my backyard. For those who don't know, a bear bell, in theory, it supposed to alert the bear that you're in the area. The last thing you want is a surprised bear.

-Chandni-
Private E-1

Postby -Chandni- » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:36 pm

hahah i likeee ur litle squriel!! sooo cute :]

Kirby
Captain

Postby Kirby » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:18 am

Thanks, Chandni and welcome to the WD forum. Word of warning...this place is addicting!

Mustang Writer
Major

Postby Mustang Writer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:57 am

Kirby, you have such a nice place. I wish I had a muse like that...
MW :emoticon:

Kirby
Captain

Postby Kirby » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks, Kat. My muses are multiplying lol. I now have Muse, Holes, and New Guy. To top it off, they don't seem to get along very well. I feel as if I'm caught in the middle of gang warfare (for anyone who has watched Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet, you know what I'm talking about). I still manage to get some writing completed in between canon fires.

Sarah Jane
General

Postby Sarah Jane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:17 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Muse is so cute!!!  My mom has a tiny computer it's called a sony Vaio it's about as big as your Kirby.

Sarah Jane ;)

Kirby
Captain

Postby Kirby » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:33 am

I've seen the Sonya Vaio. It's very small. Does she thumb type her novels? lol I need to touch type mine. The Sony Vaio is nice since it fits in a pocket. I really like gadgets. Can you tell lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space