[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
a word picture of me and my space : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

a word picture of me and my space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
dragonsong
Colonel

Postby dragonsong » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 am

dragonsong
Colonel

Postby dragonsong » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 am

I stand just over 5' tall. My brown hair used to reach my behind until recently, when I had it chopped off for Locks of Love. (I still have to mail the braid in.) It now brushes the top of my shoulders, though still long enough to put in a ponytail. I think I'm going to keep it this short, though my husband misses the long hair. I think it suits me much better. I have greenish eyes that turn even more vivid when I'm upset. I'm still working on getting rid of the weight I gained during my pregnancy. (My son is now almost 2 1/5.) Though I have made progress in reclaiming my gut. My gym membership (started back in May) is really helping.

My workspace is wherever. I have a desktop computer which I use for some things. However most of my writing is done either into one of my several notebooks or into my laptop. I save my files on a flash drive to make it easier to transfer to the desktop for printing purposes (until recently when my printer has decided it only wants to eat paper and not print on it.) I have written some of my stuff while on breaks at work. I have gotten some great ideas then, helps when you work in a bookstore. :) When I'm on my laptop, I am either curled up in bed, on the couch, or the chair next to it with my feet propped up. I think it's funny that my desktop and my husband's are both PCs but my laptop is a Mac. My first Mac actually. I'm kind of liking it though I think I need a better word processing program. The version of Word is kinda weird compared to other versions I've used. (No, I'm not sure what version it is.) It is just not as helpful: no word counting function, no italics or bolding or underlining, and can't set up the page the same way. I think I will upgrade it soon. However the laptop is small and light, very nice.

writinpoetry
Private E-2

RE: a word picture of me and my space

Postby writinpoetry » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:41 am

Seems nice. Two thumbs up!

ElizaTX
Private E-2

Postby ElizaTX » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:07 am

Did I see you in Starbucks zoned out on a laptop? Looks as if you take every opportunity to write and that's good.

How old is your Mac? I got one a few months ago and Word functions just like with Windows.

dragonsong
Colonel

Postby dragonsong » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:47 pm

No, that wouldn't have been me in Starbucks. They ran my sister's coffee stand out of her mall. I favor Panera Bread for many reasons. I'm not so good yet at writing discipline, but I do love the laptop. I'm not sure exactly how old it is. I bought it off a friend who was getting rid of it. It's an iBook G4. I've since learned how to use it better. My husband putzed around on it and figured out some things. I also now have a book about my OS to help me. I still gotta get my man to help me with pics. I wanna share them like the rest of you do.

ElizaTX
Private E-2

Postby ElizaTX » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:35 am

Return to Writing Space