[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
House of Cheap : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

House of Cheap

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

House of Cheap

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:27 am

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

House of Cheap

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:27 am

Although it doesn't show the inside of my office, here's kind of a funny segment I shot with AARP TV about where/how I live (and write).  It's been airing on various cable and PBS stations around the country, or so I'm told.

http://www.aarp.org/aarp/broadcast/chan ... heapskate/

My office, AKA "The Den Of Rumination" (because I'm a fast writer but a VERY slow ruminator) is in the out building they pan over leading into the part of about Gomer, my compost pile (I have a nice view of Gomer from my office window).  Hopefully some day I'll have the techno-savvy to post some photos of the interior of my office/writing space per se.

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: House of Cheap

Postby Epic » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Cheap, can't help falling in love with you.  Looking forward our WD wine festival--upwind of Gomer, of course. 

Talis1
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: House of Cheap

Postby Talis1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: House of Cheap

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks folks. I had a lot of fun filming that segment, and in fact we shot enough stuff (all in one very long day!) that they put together a second segment that will air in September.

kaymoon
Captain

Postby kaymoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Fantastic! Your house of Cheap is really quite lovely. Looks like you had a fab time with that. Hmm...I must say I really like your eye wear most of all. I have a pink pair of glasses similar to those, which I like to put on from time to time for shock value.

Cheers,
Drain
www.dorrainedarden.com
Blogging at Free Ice Cream

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:31 am

Neets
Master Sergeant

Postby Neets » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:04 am

Wow buddy, I must say I feel for ya, see, we have a 99 CENT store here in our parts...

Awesome digs btw!

Colonel Travis
Corporal

Postby Colonel Travis » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Holy @#$%!, I cannot believe you got those curved windows. Did you have to change that wall in any way? We need new windows and had a guy stop by to give us an estimate. After I heard the price I laughed and politely showed him the door.

kaymoon
Captain

Postby kaymoon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Cheap,

Yes, your producer hit that about right regarding the glasses! A Dollar Store purchase perhaps?

I'm with the Colonel regarding the windows. They are amazing. Windows are always the first thing I notice about a house. Love the natural light. If I had it my way, I'd have more windows than house, but I guess that's not practical on the ole electric bill. Plus, you'd have to be totally secluded to keep nosy neighbors from viewing one's extensive boxed wine collection! I'm referring to yours of course as I have nothing that fancy around here.

Cheers,
Drain
www.dorrainedarden.com

Next

Return to Writing Space