There's not much...

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Lilly Starshine
Sergeant Major of the Army

There's not much...

Postby Lilly Starshine » Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 am

Lilly Starshine
Sergeant Major of the Army

There's not much...

Postby Lilly Starshine » Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 am

My writing space is small and modest. The computer that I use for the internet is my husbands and it is in the living room. The computer I work on is in my room. In a small corner sits an old desk made of peeling particle board I sit in a metal folding chair with a small book case next to me. Most of it is Terry Brooks and some Stephen King. On that crappy little desk sits a worn out key board with blank keys because the letters rubbed some time ago. My computer came from my mother. I think that she bought it new back in 1997. I use an old word perfect program, which is hardly compatible with anything.
The one thing that makes my space special is a small metal amulet of a fairy sitting on a crescent moon. I keep it stuck to the top corner of my computer. That little fairy dosent make the magic but she does enhance it. It's my shining muse amid a cluttered array of old hand-me-down tools.

kaymoon
Captain

RE: There's not much...

Postby kaymoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Rhonda,

I rather like your writing space. You don't need anything fancy to write fancy. Ask Steven King. I read that he wrote his best work on a shabby desk with a tattered chair, and his space was small. When he moved up in the world, he got a fancy new writing room, desk included, and he didn't like it.

The magic really is in you, don't you think? Keep writing!

Cheers,
Dorraine
www.dorrainedarden.com
Blogging at Free Ice Cream

matthewward
Private E-1

RE: There's not much...

Postby matthewward » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm

I also like your writing room. I think small and modest is always the best in a writing space. And, I like that you have two separate computers. I read that Anne Rice does the same thing. Her writing room is not as modest, of course, but she has two separate computers. One for Internet, and one for writing. She says it keeps her from being distracted by constantly checking e-mails (an idea I need to make a reality). Anyway, I'm rambling. I also like the idea of your amulet. I hate to admit what sits beside my computer (a chicken that bawks when you grab its neck).

Sounds like a magical place.

Matthew
http://mdward.webs.com

Return to Writing Space