Newbie here...

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Cgates
Sergeant

Newbie Here...

Postby Cgates » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:59 pm

:) Just dropped in and started looking around and thought I'd say hey, so HEY!! Um, I'm new to this writing thing even though I've been writing for years. I just finished actually writing my first book (sci-fi/fantasy) and I'm in the middle of plugging it into the computer (oh what fun to edit my book..) any way. I have no idea how to get it published. I've done some online searches but got mostly vanity and pod publishers. Until today I had no idea what a query letter was, well I knew what it was but I didn't know I needed one. I'm just so confused as to where to start, do I get an agent or what? Oh well back to reading the forum's I've learned a lot so far maybe by the time my ms is ready I'll know what I'm going to do... I look forward to 'talking' with y'all and learning lots

Pat Pechon
Major General

RE: Newbie Here...

Postby Pat Pechon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey! Cheryl, Welcome to our Happy Forum. I'm sure you'll learn alot by doing just what your doing. Theres a ton of information here.

Have any questions, just ask. You'll find it not too difficult to get the answers.

PaigeVonLiber
Lieutenant

Postby PaigeVonLiber » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:10 am

Welcome to the ranch, glad ta have ya here.

Cgates
Sergeant

Postby Cgates » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:18 am

Thanks (guys) its good to be here... write where I belong

TMalia
Private E-2

Postby TMalia » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi, Everyone,
I'm a newbie, too, and excited to have joined. If any of you read my writer's challenge, it was clear that I was confused on the process, so, sorry about that. I think I have the gist now. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. I'm an English teacher of 13 years and have loved writing since childhood. I finished a children's book, a teacher's writer's manual, and am in the beginning stages of writing a science fiction trilogy (very beginning...). I, too, have been exceptionally frustrated with the publishing process. Any tips would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks! :) Tara

JohnOBX
Brigadier General

Postby JohnOBX » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:40 pm

Welcome Cheryl,

Jump right in, ask question and get to know your fellow writers.  It's the best way to learn.

Good luck

--John

chellybelly75
Private E-1

Newbie here...

Postby chellybelly75 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:55 pm

chellybelly75
Private E-1

Newbie here...

Postby chellybelly75 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey there,

I am new here and lookin' for a way to live off my words...hehe. I have no education whatsoever in writing, I have never entered my writing in any contest, so I have nothing really to show or prove my unimaginable talent. I just know what I can give to the hearts of the disgusted and hopeless, and I'm searching for the door to let it all in........

Deb E
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: Newbie here...

Postby Deb E » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:16 am

First of all, Michelle, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. We are writers of every level. We can grow together.

Try submitting your message to the "Introduction" board. Then submit something you wrote to the "Critique" board. If you search the "Writers Block" board, you'll find plenty of ideas for publishing your work when you're ready.

chellybelly75
Private E-1

RE: Newbie here...

Postby chellybelly75 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am

Hey thanks! I came off as sort of a smarty, and you went and made me feel guilty...lol. I was having one of those nights, frustrated because I really wanted to "be somebody" already. Thank you for the help, and thank you for being nice. :)

Return to Writing Space