[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Imagination Central : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Imagination Central

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
MuttWriter26
Corporal

Imagination Central

Postby MuttWriter26 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 pm

MuttWriter26
Corporal

Imagination Central

Postby MuttWriter26 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Ok, this is going to sound so geeky, but I actually write on my bed. :o

The geeky thing, I suppose, is that it is in a nook. In fact, as I type this, I'm sitting here and listening to good ole country music, like I always do to get my creative juices flowing. :)

Let's see... You walk into my room, and see it in the upper-right hand corner from the door. There is a bookshelf (a large, oak one) hidden behind an arch and wood paneling, but you see my bed (just a simple twin bed, that fits perfectly so you have an idea of how wide the nook is) sticking out. I sit between the frame, with my back on the end closest to the door, and my feet resting on the other side of the frame. :) My laptop sits inbetween my legs, and my radio hangs out on one of the sleves of the bookcase near my Writers Digest books and magazines.

I'm sorry about not being able to post pictures, but it is a nice place to sit and think. :) Where do you guys usually take out your computers or pens or pencils to write? 

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Imagination Central

Postby mammamaia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:29 pm

nothing geeky about that!... in my old write-for-money days, i'd keep a pen and pad right next to me on my king-sized bed, for jotting down bits of stuff that would pop into my brain while asleep, waiting to get there, or get up in the am... i even devised a good way to write in the dark, so if i had 'company' my bedmate could sleep on undisturbed...

i'll write with/on anything, anywhere, any time at all... used to say i should have a pen surgically attached, so it would be easier...

MuttWriter26
Corporal

Postby MuttWriter26 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Oh so true about the surgical pencil. I really do dislike writing with a pen and pencil, though, and prefer to type whenever and wherever I possibly can at any given point.

I don't think I'll have any 'company' anytime soon in this room (if at all), so I luckily don't have to worry about the glow of a laptop screen to annoy anyone else other than me. :)

Brackets
Private E-2

Postby Brackets » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:30 am

MuttWriter26
Corporal

Postby MuttWriter26 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:21 am

I type in the dark. :) Like I said, I don't like writing, per say, but I do enjoy the art of writing (by the glow of a laptop).

Return to Writing Space