My creative spot

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
SAMAC
Private E-1

RE: My creative spot

Postby SAMAC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Lovely space jmmac, and really clean!! You should see my writing area, if its not a notebook on my knee, its the cobwebbed corner of my bedroom, the books are in the lounge for reference and I use 3 computers, you have a great area and that is a lovely self portrait.

Samac (another mac)

SAMAC
Private E-1

Postby SAMAC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Lovely space jmmac, and really clean!! You should see my writing area, if its not a notebook on my knee, its the cobwebbed corner of my bedroom, the books are in the lounge for reference and I use 3 computers, you have a great area and that is a lovely self portrait.

Samac (another mac)

JRSmith
Private First Class

Re: My creative spot

Postby JRSmith » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:37 pm

jmmac,
I love that office. I wish my living room looked as nice.
My "office" looks more like a closet filled with 20 years worth of junk (I build computers in it as well.), but I agree wholeheartedly with the dual-display idea. As I primarily write articles, I find that one screen is not enough. I use one for the word processor and the other for notes, web searches and the like. Actually, I use two (sometimes three) computers when I write, using a KSM switch that allows me to share the keyboard, monitor and mouse with up to four machines at once with a push of a button. It's overkill, I know, but it's the way I work.

Jim
P.S. Would you mind if I swiped your photo and told people it was MY office?

(just kidding of course)

JRSmith
Private First Class

Postby JRSmith » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:37 pm

jmmac,
I love that office. I wish my living room looked as nice.
My "office" looks more like a closet filled with 20 years worth of junk (I build computers in it as well.), but I agree wholeheartedly with the dual-display idea. As I primarily write articles, I find that one screen is not enough. I use one for the word processor and the other for notes, web searches and the like. Actually, I use two (sometimes three) computers when I write, using a KSM switch that allows me to share the keyboard, monitor and mouse with up to four machines at once with a push of a button. It's overkill, I know, but it's the way I work.

Jim
P.S. Would you mind if I swiped your photo and told people it was MY office?

(just kidding of course)

jbond.enigma
Private E-1

Postby jbond.enigma » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:15 am

Aww, you're right next to the fireplace too... so jealous.

hwhittle
Private E-1

Postby hwhittle » Sat May 22, 2010 12:30 am

Scribbles and Susan:
You can use more than one monitor with only one cpu or laptop. It allows you to open/view multiple windows at the same time. For instance, you could have a Word document open on your laptop screen and then jump over to your 2nd monitor when you wanted to Google something. We use the technology at work all the time. The mouse will travel from one screen to the next.

Sarah Jane
General

Postby Sarah Jane » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:39 am

Very nice space, organized.  I love it.  (:

IlsaPup
Private E-2

Postby IlsaPup » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Love the office & it's a nice self portrait too!

I don't currently use 2 monitors but I have at my work & have done so at home from time to time. I've used 2 monitors with 1 CPU & I've also used 2 separate computers (which is my favorite). I don't know about the origional poster but for me... I perfer to use 2 computers because I can use the one off to the side to look up research stuff... the main one is my work in progress. I lose my concentration if I have to flip back & forth between screens. So my writing project is always center stage & open while I'm writing. Screen 2 is for looking up stuff, dictionary, google translator, etc...

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Two monitors, yes!

Don't know how you use them, but I have my word processor open on one, and Google open on the other. I toggle the keyboard back and forth. It's writing and on the spot research rolled into one. Reading the other posts here tells me many like doing this.

amviolette
Private E-1

Postby amviolette » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:32 am

I love it and need one like it. The fireplace looks nice too. I'm working on my tiny windowless den in a tiny apartment.

Previous

Return to Writing Space