My writing spaces

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
dgford
Colonel

Re: My writing spaces

Postby dgford » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:16 pm

James,
You better put your gaming to work for you. Combine the writing and come up with your own cool game and submit it to industry.. Much money in gaming, so to get writing games. Cheers, Don

jamesokarma
Private E-1

RE: My writing spaces

Postby jamesokarma » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 am

Nice thoughts on the gaming, Ive actually spent alot of my life developing my own rpg's and such with friends, but I dont think right now its the best use of my time. I have the documents filed away for now. BUT....what I have done is ditch the games, stop my subscriptions and really just observe myself and my flaws.

Last night I really had a change...I adopted AIC (Ass in Chair) and sat down and found out what I've been lacking...which was just straight up school mentality. Back in the day only when there was pressure would i get up and get it done...now I have to create my own pressure but I feel like I am really ready to bust out a piece of writing. Also, I now print out a section of what I write and sit with a pen and critique it...word just doesnt cut it when i want to circle and write notes and play with my words...I think Im really ready to BE A WRITER...not just long to be one.

ruthie
Private E-1

Postby ruthie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:44 am

I LOVE and ENJOY writing about everything and anything and will write anyplace cozy !!

TinaMorris
Private E-1

Postby TinaMorris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I recently (yesterday) bought a navy blue leather chair and ottoman to put in my upstairs extra bedroom for reading and writing. As far away I can get myself from the distraction of the tv.

TinaMorris
Private E-1

Postby TinaMorris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I recently (yesterday) bought a navy blue leather chair and ottoman to put in my upstairs extra bedroom for reading and writing. As far away I can get myself from the distraction of the tv.

Elizabeth Gilmour
Private E-1

Postby Elizabeth Gilmour » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 am

I actually use a spare room with a couch and desk for my lap top and printer. I can write while looking across a vast expanse of lawn and woods onto a horse farm across the road. Very cool scenery for writing. Helps me get lost in my imagination. Yet most of the time, I'm sitting somewhere else in my house typing away, like cross legged on my bed. Or writing on paper when ideas come to me, which would be in my car, in the bathroom, at the office, in a school, in a coffee shop, at my daughters, at the lake, in my backyard, on the porch...guess I'm always writing somewhere. I'm kind of compulsive that way.
Elizabeth

Demonking
Private E-1

Postby Demonking » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:27 am

I have an area by the back garden door although I would love a bit more space but it does have its advantages come the summer when I can open the door and put up a square mesh screen which a mutual friend of ours made. I tend to have the keyboard on my wooden desk, the screen and cpu on a computer station. Again I would love one larger desk to take it all then I can use the other for my photocopier if it can take the weight. I used to have the photocopier on my filing cabinet but it proved a bit weighty but still, once my top drawer is repaired, I will put it back and have a bit more room. In front of me, is the printer and about five pen and pencil dispensers[yes I sometimes use a pencil, believe it or not to jot down a note]. Above me, there are book shelves. To my left, a filing cabinet and next to it, converted soap boxes for index cards. We are great recyclers in this house, and oh yes, a telephone which as an answer machine that needs to be activated but needs someone to help me.

Previous

Return to Writing Space