My writing spaces

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
dgford
Colonel

My writing spaces

Postby dgford » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:29 pm

dgford
Colonel

My writing spaces

Postby dgford » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:29 pm

this is where I write.
I write where ever I find myself.  I am most inspired by the world of Creation around me.  It is silent yet it speaks loudly to me.  I don't know why it doesn't speak to some of you in the same way, but then we are all different.  If I could, you know I'd hop aboard a giant eagle and soar to the top of a great mountain. From there I could see all of you and my stories would be unending.

I am extremely frustrated if I find that I have forgotten pen or paper.  That's when great ideas come, when we are least expecting it, so I always try to be prepared. My years as a scout and scout leader paid off. 

My desk?  It could be a rock, a bridge rail or a tree.  Where ever I can place a piece of paper and write on it. LOL

Where eagles Soar,
Don (Greywolf) 

The_Penciled_One
Lieutenant

Re: My writing spaces

Postby The_Penciled_One » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:32 pm

You are like a true romantic huh Don????

Very true and I can sympathize. Quite, an awesome desk indeed good sir.

dgford
Colonel

Postby dgford » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Thank you for your comments. Cheers, Don

kaymoon
Captain

Postby kaymoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 pm

I agree, there is nothing like nature to get those words flowing, Don. My writing desk could be a creek bed, or sitting under a bright blue sky, which I do when weather is kind. Must have something to do with being from the Ozarks!

Cheers,
Dorraine
www.dorrainedarden.com
Blogging at Free Ice Cream

dgford
Colonel

Postby dgford » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 am

Plase check out my new web site. I am trying it out for a few days to see if it works for me and others. I would appreciate your input. Do you see areas for improvement, let me know? I just sold my first poem this morning. Cheers, Don

www.dragonfly.highpowersites.com

dgford
Colonel

Postby dgford » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 am

Dorraine,
Thanks for stopping by, and I guess I'm not the only one out there writing in nature and about nature. Please check out my new web site that I am sampling. If you see areas that need improving, let me know. Sign the guess book or leave a comment if you would like. I value your input.

Where eagle Soar,
Don

Demonking
Private E-1

Postby Demonking » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am

My writing space is at the northern end of the hall in front of Mum's bedroom. To my left, a filing cabinet and a pile of soap powder boxes recycled into index card boxes and cat food boxes for storing postcards although I do have another proper card index box. On my desk, a wire tray rack, pen and pencil dispensers, printer and a container containing floppy disks that need sorting out, perpetual calendar in Portuguese which dates back to when I was out there with my parents, a cork noticeboard and above that, bookshelves containing books and files. I mostly have the keyboard on my desk when I am doing serious writing, behind that, a small desk lamp, much more convenient than the other one I had which was a bit top heavy. This one is a bright blue. I have a teak desk which is over thirty years old with two drawers, cleared out earlier this year[I am a bit of a squirrel] To my right, a flat VDU screen and the CPU which stands on a separate station, that is twenty years old or coming up for it. Oh yes, another book case behind the filing cabinet, propping up my boxes. Underneath me, plastic trays containing scrap books which need to be filled. There are times when there aren't enough hours in a day. In fact if H/S[Health and Safety] came unnanounced for a spot check, they would have palpitations. Must go now as Mum will need some help as our little fridge has given up the ghost. Well it was thirty years old before my parents had it at the book shop and its lasted another twenty years, they bought it for ten pounds so I don't think it owes her very much to be honest. Forgive the digression.

jamesokarma
Private E-1

RE: My writing spaces

Postby jamesokarma » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:06 pm

My writing space currently, and it goes through stages, is a laptop i bought like 6months ago sitting next to my main desktop that i play online games on as i write inbetween playing. Doesnt sound much like im gonna get much writing done, but ... we shall see...mixing work with pleasure is something I have always done...coarse ive never written much...:D

dgford
Colonel

Postby dgford » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Fiona,
You mentioned Portugese. Do you speak it or do your parents? I recently won a contest in Portugal and it will be read there as part of a book club story of the month on Nov.1 The more I write the more I worry about those writing, that they not be lost. So I am doing a back up for each story and poem, plus a hard copy. Cheers, Don

Next

Return to Writing Space