The Room Where I Write Tonight

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
tee64
Private E-1

Postby tee64 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 pm

tee64
Private E-1

Postby tee64 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 pm

The room where I am writing tonight is actually my living room. My husband bought the place back last fall prior to our wedding. It is mainly all of my things that I brought into the marriage that furnishs it. I sit here on the couch as I am alone four days a week because he works out of town. So, my lap top comes in handy. I have yet to unpack the office although there is a nice desk, chair and computer there. I will get in the mood eventually to unpack the boxes.

As I sit here on the couch and look around the room, I see the old wooden table that was my grandmothers sitting in the corner over by the dining room table. When I look at it, I remember just where it stood in my Grandmothers living room. It had a huge plant sitting on top of it. It was in front of the window behind the tv. I look straight ahead and see my porcelain angel collection sitting on the shelves. They are so beautiful. The angels were gifts from family and friends. When I look up at the wall…I see a frame with a poem inside. My ex forever friend bought that for me a few years ago. It is a beautiful poem but I know it means nothing now. There are so many memories that fill this room. It makes me think so much of the past that I try to forget so frequently. I think I need to rethink the decorating in here. Maybe be a little more creative as I am learning to be with my writing.

tee64
Private E-1

RE: The Room Where I Write Tonight

Postby tee64 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:36 am

How come i do not get much feedback? Any posts I enter have not gotten to much... :(

Am I doing something wrong? :o

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:50 am

Relax, you're new and the posts will catch up with you. Love the 'cave' you and your daughter(?) are in. Is that part of your new digs. (If you other posters can't see it, right click on the photo and select "View Image". It then appears in its normal .jpg size. She's in what appears to be a gorgeous blue tunnel)

I thought you described your digs pretty well, and I have to agree with your assessment - might be time to put some of the older memories aside. While they can provide inspiration, they can also bring a lot of distraction to the table. Don't know about other writers here, but I have a stockpile of already framed photos, quotes etc. and I rotate them as the mood dictates.

Welcome to the asylum,

John

tee64
Private E-1

Postby tee64 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure if I was posting correctly. That is not my daughter... it is my grand daughter. Thank you so much... :)

We were down in Myrtle Beach, SC at one of those gift shops that is shaped like a shark.

Thanks again!

wings
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wings » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Not many leave feedbacks they seem to just read. Just hang in there. Keep writing and one day you'll get someone to respond I'm sure. I read a lot here but some topic I know little to nothing about and am afraid to make any stement on the matter. There's a lot here to read it could be reading it all plays them out or they might just want to think on it before they leave you a message.

TheRazor
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TheRazor » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:02 am

Your not doing anything wrong. Its just that this forum has been expanding and its hard to get to check out everything. Nice to have you aboard.-DavidG

clothilde63
Private E-2

Postby clothilde63 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm new too, tee! We'll be new together. I'm used to being the new girl. I am interested in reading what you contribute.

tee64
Private E-1

Postby tee64 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks so much for your comment...

tee64
Private E-1

Postby tee64 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Wings... we are very close in location...
Nice to meet you.

Next

Return to Writing Space